Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny I thought the same thing, but I thought it was done so it would be visible at a distance.
I think on shelf it will look great , especially next to R2 . Under a microscope or macro lens , well not much stands up to that.

I think the pair looks awesome together!

Clearly you missed the forum memo, but you aren't allowed to like or post anything positive about SS product on this forum. Any reference to SS figures must be made in connection with how Hasbro looks better and Hot Toys will do a superior version in a few weeks.

Now head off to the HT threads for re-education and conditioning.

On a side note, so looking forward to this. This and Leia and then I'm out...

....until ESB releases.

....until ESB releases.

3-PO (who looks great), Leia...then R5 and Jawas...then 4-LOM...then Walrus Man...then Hot Toys ESB. Then Jedi Luke. And Old Luke. And Rey from the next two films.

Then I'm out. :lecture

3-PO (who looks great), Leia...then R5 and Jawas...then 4-LOM...then Walrus Man...then Hot Toys ESB. Then Jedi Luke. And Old Luke. And Rey from the next two films.

If only. I've pretty much given up. But yes, if they turn out well maybe ANH Jawa's.

I've put 4-LOM in the ESB basket. Need to finish out those bounty hunters. I almost wish SS would re-release IG-88 and Boosk as that would give them a lot more reason to release Zuckuss and Dengar.

C3PO, Jawas, AT-AT, Dooku, EP2 Anakin, Royal Guard, 2-1B and then I'm out!

The weathering looks a little painted on in close-ups but it'll probably be OK from regular viewing distance. People complaining about the weathering have seen the movie right? But I can understand wanting a clean droid or completely different weathering.

For me it isn't the fact of the figure being weathered, it's the way it was done; in this case, less is more. Again, it may look better in hand; we'll see in a few days.

After this ships I'll just be waiting on Leia. Then the circle is complete. :D

I didn't intend on collecting the SW line but jumped in when the Chewbacca reviews started pouring in, even then I got the last one from Forbidden Planet NYC. I wasn't able to swing Han because of the rapid release of everything so I have him and Leia on my want list. Should probably consider a Stormtrooper too...

...oops, forgot about Boba...Jawas...

Clearly you missed the forum memo, but you aren't allowed to like or post anything positive about SS product on this forum. Any reference to SS figures must be made in connection with how Hasbro looks better and Hot Toys will do a superior version in a few weeks.

Now head off to the HT threads for re-education and conditioning.

....until ESB releases.

I actually think that the SS version is superior for overall capture of 3PO's likeness at viewing distance. Yes, the chin is thin and the neck posts are too close and the hands are absolutely too big. However, in overall appearance, especially color and dull finish, he looks very much like the OT non-shiny 3PO. Tama is amazing, don't get me wrong. Tama just doesn't look like 3PO to me. The color of the gold is off to my eyes and is very saturated/bold. I find the toned down SS version more appealing.

As for weathering, yes, I keep mentioning it, but it isn't a disaster. Some of the streaks need to be dialed down and the gunk between his chest panels looks like someone took a dying marker to it. Quite bad. It just needs the crappy arm and temple streaks removed for me to be satisfied, and that should be easy enough.

I'm very much looking forward to this guy. Charging tomorrow, and then a 5 day trip to me. So, I'm figuring Tuesday or Wednesday in all likely-hood. Already have SS R2, SS Deluxe Vader, SS Master Yoda, 2x HT Stormtroopers, HT Old Ben, HT Chewbacca and HT Han Solo. I only need ESB Luke (don't care for whiny farm boy) and the upcoming HT Boba Fett and I'm done. If I end up getting a Leia, it will have to be an ESB version, provided one gets made. Then I am done. But we all keep saying that and yet our collection keeps growing.

:huh What is one to do? I cannot exist without my collectibles.

Mine updated also, charging tomorrow.....

What is this out thing everyone speaks of?

giphy.gif

I didn't intend on collecting the SW line but jumped in when the Chewbacca reviews started pouring in, even then I got the last one from Forbidden Planet NYC. I wasn't able to swing Han because of the rapid release of everything so I have him and Leia on my want list. Should probably consider a Stormtrooper too...

...oops, forgot about Boba...Jawas...

I WAS just going to get a couple HT Star Wars for the collection and absolutely no more Sideshow Star Wars...Foolish Coco. Foolish, foolish Coco.

:goodpost: :exactly: Mine won't ship for another month, due to it being on a payment plan...but I think this C-3PO looks good and I can't wait to get him. :)

Yep, He looks good. I'm not crazy about the weathering but maybe that will look better in hand.

Contacted SSC to see if I could pay my final flex but was told they wont know if they had their full allocation until tomorrow so to try again then.

Mine charges 10th,this was my first order with ss in june along with r2.
I figured a couple of figures would look nice to display.
Will have 14 when this arrives and waiting on 4 preorders,don't know what happened?

Has anyone been able to get through to Sideshow this week? Every time I call it says I'm calling out of business hours (I'm not), and the "Live Chat" feature goes to "E-Mail Us" (which it only ever does outside of business hours.) Is it possible they are still on holiday this week?

Back