Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weathering looks a little painted on in close-ups but it'll probably be OK from regular viewing distance. People complaining about the weathering have seen the movie right? But I can understand wanting a clean droid or completely different weathering.

Tama's head isn't anything to write home about either, the "ear lobes" are all kinds of wrong (among other details) - seems like a toss-up with each missing on different aspects.

^^What thread are we in again?

Thought this would be a fun comparison. Can't wait to see a real side by side. The SS figure looks great to me, really just the head that the Tama is a clear winner to me. Articulation looks much better on the SS, couldn't come close to that hip movement in the first photo. Finish looks fine to me on the SS too, just the weathering that I'm a bit dubious about.

57b9cba2f8b3a5b193b111f972eff330_zpsnhez0kww.jpg

2be39ee4baacc7758abbf10c011ad7b2_zpsht6os1c0.jpg

4a669b73e29fbdef704b7100f6e4f13c_zpsxljl7cwg.jpg

57a4777f7f6c04f63750d254e3f3ae44_zpsccknje0q.jpg

GREAT work with the comparisons.

Seen like that, other than the beautiful orangey gold color on the Tama, I actually think the SS sculpt is better and better proportioned. Thanks!

Just got 2-Day notice.

Charges Thursday. I could get this Friday.... hmmmmmm.... Do I want to be the first again...?

I am happy to keep this already based on what I see...my only email so far says I would be charged on the 15th??? Wonder why so different...Ill be happy to go first Wor-Gar

Me too....

Yep. Definitely each has its own merits missing in the other.
I honestly like the SSC much better for the sculpt/pose/ and price! I really don't feel the Tami sculpt looks right at all.....

Piper is right, the weathering will look good at viewing for 90% of the time, it will only fail at VERY close inspection.

That being said , i would love to know more about how people modded R2 to lessen/fix the weathering there.

GREAT work with the comparisons.

Seen like that, other than the beautiful orangey gold color on the Tama, I actually think the SS sculpt is better and better proportioned. Thanks!

Legs down to me look about the same in terms of the proportions, but the upper body proportions seems better on the SS, a little compressed on the Tama. I really struggled over canceling as I wanted to compare the two in hand, but with Luke and Vader also coming this week I had to make the call since I already have a 3PO--i really do like the main characters you only need one of like 3PO, R2, Chewie, Ben. Luke is the worst, so many good outfits. :lol

Mmmmm, bacta tank Luke. :lol

3PO you have no-arm version, regular 3PO, 3PO blown apart in a box, 3PO blown apart in a bag, 3PO in a wooden chair. Makes it an easy call.

You can go nuts on Luke -- Farmboy, trooper, ceremonial, pilot, Hoth, Bespin, Jedi, Endor, Bacta Tank...

You forgot kissing his sister version....and people complain about a black xwing created to sell toys....

Back