Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popcultcha buyer here, getting mine in August, so hyped.

August 2026 sure looking good.
It’s possible you may get it earlier, their distributor says sold out with estimated arrival of 31st May. Popcultcha says still available for preorder with August date so if you ordered early you may get it before August. But no guarantees i guess lol.

What do you think of the figure as it is?
The helmeted Anakin is amazing and I really dig the standard Vader helmet too. If I part it all out I will definitely keep the standard helmet, and while tempting to keep Anakin it doesn't really fit in my display -- plus it would be the most helpful part in recouping money.

I'd also like to know. Nylon wpuld basically mean no flaking with slight chance of puncture if not careful.
Pretty sure its still pleather. It doesn't have that visible nylon pattern when you look close (I have a Kenobi Vader in hand). I bet the ROTJ will be pleather too, and only the next unannounced Vader may be nylon, unfortunately.

I just received the deluxe. Like others have said already, the Anakin sculpt is phenomenal. It’s the type you can just stare at from all angles and admire. I feel like Jedha in his review, he can be caught just admiring it. Some say they won’t use the rolling eye function much. I find myself fiddling with it. I think it adds depth to the figure, a “personality” if you will.
IMG_4659.jpeg
IMG_4651.jpeg
IMG_4657.jpeg
IMG_4656.jpeg

That’s insane.. can’t wait to get mine man.

I just received the deluxe. Like others have said already, the Anakin sculpt is phenomenal. It’s the type you can just stare at from all angles and admire. I feel like Jedha in his review, he can be caught just admiring it. Some say they won’t use the rolling eye function much. I find myself fiddling with it. I think it adds depth to the figure, a “personality” if you will.View attachment 702183View attachment 702184View attachment 702185View attachment 702186

I just received my figure and unfortunately upon opening I was disappointed. The Anakin Sculpt did not pop anywhere near what the photos look like from other members. I know Krispy Anakin isn’t meant to be a healthy pink, but mine seems practically white. It’s almost like a final “pink” wash was missed on the headsculpt in production. Has anyone else seen a huge difference between their received figure and the forum members photos of theirs? Here are a couple of photos taken in natural light. Let me know what you think. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_6472.jpeg
    IMG_6472.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6473.jpeg
    IMG_6473.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6472.jpeg
    IMG_6472.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6473.jpeg
    IMG_6473.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I swear I'm cursed. :slap You know the saying, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...:confused:

After waiting all these months for my Deluxe SE to finally ship I have a broken wire. I got him yesterday and opened him up tonight. Wanted to make sure I checked him over since some said they were having problems with using USB cables. I checked the stand and had a cable that worked. When I went to plug in the belt box and chest box cables in, the top chest box cable coming from under the armor is only half assembled. One side has the black clamp, the other side doesn't. So the connector floats around and the red wires are exposed. The left and right belt box cables are fine.

The helmeted Anakin is amazing and I really dig the standard Vader helmet too. If I part it all out I will definitely keep the standard helmet, and while tempting to keep Anakin it doesn't really fit in my display -- plus it would be the most helpful part in recouping money.
As it will be my first Vader I’m torn on how i’ll display him too, the Anakin sculpt is definitely more interesting but you can’t really beat classic Vader’s look.

Does anyone here know if older wired capes by Jaxon are compatible with this new Vader?

On onesixthkit.com, they only offer a cape for MMS452...would that work with DX28?

It should still be compatible. There is a eBay seller selling Jaxon's Vader capes and they claim it fits both ESB and both DX versions. I think Jedha even puts his older one on the DX28 in his review video

Speaking of capes what is a good drape cape for this vader? I have never purchased Jaxon Xu's and there seems to be a lot of options on onesixthkit

Yea I defo need an alternative cape for this figure as well, way too thick, no natural flow, but hard to figure out what is the best custom.

Speaking of capes what is a good drape cape for this vader? I have never purchased Jaxon Xu's and there seems to be a lot of options on onesixthkit
Jaxon's drape cape is good but far from perfect imo. The chain is inaccurate and I still think they could've used a different material. I don't remember Vader wearing a super thin transparent cape.
20240512_194043.jpg

Jaxon's drape cape is good but far from perfect imo. The chain is inaccurate and I still think they could've used a different material. I don't remember Vader wearing a super thin transparent cape.
View attachment 702362
I've never owned a Jaxon cape. What legitimately makes them better than the stock? The material on the DX28 Vader is thick and heavy. Are there details that the Jaxon capes capture, or is it the material that Jaxon uses that make it better?

Yea I defo need an alternative cape for this figure as well, way too thick, no natural flow, but hard to figure out what is the best custom.
Seen some real nice custom Batman capes, maybe check the DC subforum and see if any of those suppliers (probably limited / made-to-order batch) are eager to give a take on Vader's cape.

I've never owned a Jaxon cape. What legitimately makes them better than the stock? The material on the DX28 Vader is thick and heavy. Are there details that the Jaxon capes capture, or is it the material that Jaxon uses that make it better?
Can't really say their better since I don't own the DX28 cape.

All I can say is the Jaxon drape cape falls nicely and reallistic if that makes any sense. But I'm still not sold on them. The material used just doesn't look right to me. Looks very thin and polyester like. Also the chain is wrong and it doesn't have a collar.

The only other custom cape I have is a very old Inforigno cape. And while it photographs a bit blue-ish or purple (it's black in person), I still prefer it over the Jaxon cape. It's thicker, also drapes nicely and the chain is more accurate.

For those of you on waitlist, heads up. I am returning my deluxe special edition for a refund due to my dissatisfaction with the headsculpt I received. Posted a few days back with photographs about how ashen white my headsculpt was. It really doesn’t pop as I had hoped. Maybe my return will help one of you add this to your collection.

Back