Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how far behind 4-LOM will be. And we have Snow Troopers, so Dengar is potentially close. That only leaves Zuckuss.

With the kinda unique mold of 3po don't forget about the potential for a Death Star droid,and a Hoth droid and a serving droid from phantom menace and a 3po with a battle droid body and I'm sure about 5 other droids I can't even think of right now. Hey, a lot of us r sick of clones right !!! Right!!!!

With the kinda unique mold of 3po don't forget about the potential for a Death Star droid,and a Hoth droid and a serving droid from phantom menace and a 3po with a battle droid body and I'm sure about 5 other droids I can't even think of right now. Hey, a lot of us r sick of clones right !!! Right!!!!

I'm not sick of clones, and I definitely hope they exploit this body as well.

right!!!!!!!!!!. I want more original trilogy and less of prequel trilogy for now. I say let`s start focusing the missing pieces from the original trilogy so we can catch up with all the new release`s of the prequel trilogy stuff they have been cramming down our throats

Won't hold a candle to the Tamashi one. :lol

As much as I like the Tamashii one, a weathered version to go with the weathered R2 would be nice. And scale is going to be a factor too... hopefully either 3PO will look right alongside R2.

Except that, judging by the teaser, at least this one won't have outrageously over-sized arm pistons that I absolutely can't stand about the Tamashii version. What an eyesore.

Hahaha. I thought I was the only one. The second I saw that when it was released, I said to myself "nah. gonna wait for sideshow version."
Thank god this wish come true.

Except that, judging by the teaser, at least this one won't have outrageously over-sized arm pistons that I absolutely can't stand about the Tamashii version. What an eyesore.

How would you get the pistons smaller but also have them work?

Maybe Sideshow came up with a better solution? They've had Tamashii's in their hand to 'reverse engineer', cough, copy for long enough.

Last edited:

Maybe Sideshow came up with a better solution? They've had Tamashii's in their hand to 'reverse engineer', cough, copy for long enough.

:lecture Some armchair engineers around here :lol

Re: Sideshow Collectibles C3PO 1/6 Scale Action Figure

It's only 6:30 PM in these parts - the sauce is yet to come. :hi5: It was a busy day of working instead of lounging today.

Besides, if you're not going to do something better, there's no point in doing it.

There is if there's a back to be made :dunno

Re: Sideshow Collectibles C3PO 1/6 Scale Action Figure

As much as I like the Tamashii one, a weathered version to go with the weathered R2 would be nice. And scale is going to be a factor too... hopefully either 3PO will look right alongside R2.

My brother has that thing.It's flawless.
Sideshow will have to step up and hit a home run to even beat the Tamashi 3PO!

Agreed, the Tamashi one is so good this needs to pull something special out of the bag. I guess being made of plastic will make it a lot cheaper, and if it comes with a weathered oil dripping paint finish I might be tempted! Now... if it was designed to come apart and had a net with it... hinting they were working on a Chewy... then I'd be happy!

Apparently I am just one of those boring Joe Schmoe collectors who is just jazzed to see some of my favorite characters released. Maybe piston sizes and being 1mm off scale are not as important to me as they are to others. But I guess it has got to that point. Gone are the days of obviously way off head sculpts and hideous paint apps. I remember when Mace Windu was released. He was torn apart. We have now hit the era of using micrometers to make sure scale is accurate. :D Yes that is an exaggeration and is not a bust on the detail freaks in any way. Some people just like things to be 100% accurate. Me I'm just happy this and others are being released. Unless it looks like total garbage it is an easy buy for me.

Making them them from plastic is a good starting point. I've seen gundam kits with smaller working pistons.

How awesome would it be if Sideshow had a pic of 3PO in pieces with Chewie in the background. Like they teased 3PO in R2's reveal pics.

I think the SSC 3PO will ultimately be a nice enough figure, but it'll have it's flaws - just like they all do.

If smaller arm pistons, means a compromise in other areas like the wrong metallic finish, odd proportions, or eyes like a barn owl.. then consider yourselves warned. :lol

:lecture Some armchair engineers around here :lol

Some real engineers around here. :duff

I have no idea what Sideshow will do with regards to pistons, but to think that the Tama's are the only way to make them, along with their size, is very naive. From the teaser image is also looks like SSC may have gotten the "ear lobes" much closer to reality than what's featured on the Tama.

I think the SSC 3PO will ultimately be a nice enough figure, but it'll have it's flaws - just like they all do.

If smaller arm pistons, means a compromise in other areas like the wrong metallic finish, odd proportions, or eyes like a barn owl.. then consider yourselves warned. :lol

I think I just found Sideshow's reference schematics:

SWCelC3PO.jpg

:monkey3

Back