Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truth. Sideshow will not be perfect, never is. Not sure why so many want to bash the Tamashii, nor why so many want to say this won't hold a candle to it. I can guess who here has the Tamashii and who does not.

I think I might be most disappointed by this possibility.

I think some of the bashing comes from them not wanting to spend the $400 when it was released. So you break out the magnifying glass to justify your decision of passing on it.

I think some of the bashing comes from them not wanting to spend the $400 when it was released. So you break out the magnifying glass to justify your decision of passing on it.

Yep. I passed on the Tamashii because of price. Quality is relative to time. I'd rather spread my money around and cover more ground. But I would have grabbed it in a second for the $200 HJL offered for about 3 seconds. Lucky few who got it got a great deal!!!

In any event, both the Tamashii and the SS will certainly suffice the "3PO" slot in the display. And don't worry guys, both will seem dated in 5 years or so.

In the HT thread its been suggested that the SPEEDER BIKE is on its way (means SCOUT TROOPER too), and that HT DX HAN SOLO has been fast tracked because of Disney.

I would hope for both those things.

Speeder bike would be unbelievably good news.

Yep. I passed on the Tamashii because of price. Quality is relative to time. I'd rather spread my money around and cover more ground. But I would have grabbed it in a second for the $200 HJL offered for about 3 seconds. Lucky few who got it got a great deal!!!

In any event, both the Tamashii and the SS will certainly suffice the "3PO" slot in the display. And don't worry guys, both will seem dated in 5 years or so.
Outside SSC trying a second variation on the OT 3PO - that'll be it for them I'd say.

Medicom & Bandai have done theirs, so apart from HT stepping up, who else would throw their hat into the ring?

I guess it's up to Disney in the end.

Core characters will need to be re-released every few years, not only to meet collector demand, but also to keep the world of Star Wars on the radar. "5 years" sounds totally plausible and it's the very timeframe we've been discussing in other threads in relation to Stormtroopers and the like.

Last edited:
As a Tamashii owner, I am most excited by spin-offs from the mould, obviously 4-LOM, first and foremost. The Death Star Droid would require quite a bit of reworking, although the basic form and structural concept would be there.

I would go for a Bespin version though.

Yes, and since 3PO is in the new trilogy I'd say we'll certainly get another 3PO from Episode VII in a couple years. So if you want a truly excellent figure, I'd wait until 2016-2017 for the HT 3PO.

Then again, this hobby is anything but 'patience-driven'.

There aren't enough droids for that I think, but a few derivatives from R2 and 3PO will go down easily. A couple of imperial droids and a K-3PO would please me greatly.

A K-3PO seems like an eventuality

QBxUg0k.jpg

In the HT thread its been suggested that the SPEEDER BIKE is on its way (means SCOUT TROOPER too), and that HT DX HAN SOLO has been fast tracked because of Disney.

I would hope for both those things.
+100000.

There aren't enough droids for that I think, but a few derivatives from R2 and 3PO will go down easily. A couple of imperial droids and a K-3PO would please me greatly.
Same. They're minor characters, to be sure, but I'd love a K-3PO and DS droid. Death Star droid was one of my Kenner favourites, as a kid, and I still think it's a great (and sinister looking) design.

Hot Toys. . . fast tracked??

Shirley, you can't be serious.

Back