Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say based on a few friends I have that work at SS.. And I know nothing for sure but from things I've heard...if you are a fan of a certain fast moving forest vehicle you may want to start looking for display space. Release date... I don't know but I know the R&D was being some on it. Hopefully SDCC. Also from what I have been told the HT deal with SS is not dead. But the Disney acquisition changed the direction they were planning. With EP VII coming, don't be surprised if they somehow manage to smuggle a certain classic version of an OT character for a DX release.

And to stay on topic, the 1/6 3PO with be pretty much a shrunk down version of the PF with full articulation. Not sure if they fixed the huge bug eyes the 1:1 bust and the PF suffer from. But it will be a nice figure. The tamashii will still beat it I think as far as accuracy goes but we will see. I only "know" things I haven't seen the prototype yet.

if this turns out to be indeed true, that would literally blow my mind.

Son, I am excite. Looking forward to a non $400 option to go along with R2. Now I just need a walking carpet to complete my main characters.

R2 has an insane number of accessories. Raw abs and poly are cheap, it's the number of moulds and their complexity that drive production costs. Have to cover r&d as well of course.

Then you have to know your market. I would be absolutely floored if this hit 200.

...and I swear I remember it being off by an additional 1/4" at some point, specified as 13.5", although that might just be my imagination.
Indeed, the website did list Vader's height as 13.5" at the beginning.

...if you are a fan of a certain fast moving forest vehicle you may want to start looking for display space...
I just cancelled a bunch of stuff for this very reason (I have limited display space, so I really had to decide on whether I 'needed' Hoth Luke/Han/Tauntaun -- decided I wanted an eventual Speeder Bike and a few Scout Troopers more, so cancelled the Rebel releases (going to focus the Hoth display on the Imperials) -- nice to hear we may be seeing this stuff sooner than later!).

In regards to 3PO, while I don't think it will beat Tamashii, I'm still excited and depending on the options may pick it up, also. There's room for both in a varied SW display, so long as SSC's is done well (only thing that would kill it for me would be painted on wiring). Really looking forward to what we see at SDCC. Also, as mentioned earlier, this hopefully means 3PO variants down the line. I'd love a K-3PO, personally.

I would be absolutely floored if this hit 200.

AutoVac-PreRoll-ISSA.jpg

I wish I were betting man, I could make just gobs of money any time a new figure is released. I suppose you don't remember people predicting R2 would be $250+. There's just no conceivable reason for this thing to be a relatively expensive figure

Last edited:
I can't wait!
I hope there are a lot of out of focus and bad pics taken at SDCC.
That way the bad mouthing can start right away!
LOL!
J/K
I hope he comes out awesome!
Will PO as soon as possible!

Back