Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can get a replacement head from Sideshow or through your dealer, I would.

Like TaliBane said, the electronics are bad but it should at least work right out of the box.

Did anyone have problem with his eyes not working properly, even with fresh batteries?

My original one's eye where more white than yellow. SS sent me a replacement head and it was fine. If you bought from them just contact them and they will sort you out.

Guys, from what I have gathered reading this thread, the fig has a problem with its thumbs being attached the wrong way to thr hands. I am considering purchasing the new C3PO. Can I assume the thumb problem will be gone on this one?

Guys, from what I have gathered reading this thread, the fig has a problem with its thumbs being attached the wrong way to thr hands. I am considering purchasing the new C3PO. Can I assume the thumb problem will be gone on this one?
At this point you would really hope so! I'm considering getting it myself but for nearly Hot Toys money they really shouldn't have these errors

Hey asgardianboy, I hadn't heard this, l'll will prob hold off for now... please keep us posted!

I can say that SSC has been responsive with a recent CS issue. They resolved the issue fairly quickly and I'm glad I gave them the chance to do so. I would not hesitate to contact them in the future.

Last edited:
just placed the order for this guy at SS, I don't even care if Hot Toys's version inexplicably showing up for PO next week :)).

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought the word was SSC had fixed (or partly fixed) the thumbs issue with the newer batches but could be wrong.

So for us that got stuck with the thumb issue, who were told it was supposed to be that way......
What the excuse now for their total and complete lack of service?

Ok guys. I am going ahead and pre-ordering the newer 3PO.
I'll keep you posted, but if anyone on the room could chime in and confirm newer units have had no thumb issue, it sure would be reassuring...!
Thx to all!

Ok guys. I am going ahead and pre-ordering the newer 3PO.
I'll keep you posted, but if anyone on the room could chime in and confirm newer units have had no thumb issue, it sure would be reassuring...!
Thx to all!
I'm curious to see how this turns out and if there are any improvements, especially with the eyes when turned off.

Yea same. Their R2D2 has even more of a weathered paint job on its latest run along with a new box in the the new SS style for their SW figures.

Back