Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not at all other than the two bits I've mentioned about the updated paint and new box. Haven't seen any Youtube videos about it either. What have you heard?
I have never seen any version comparison. I just go by both marketing materials, which do seem to point out a sunstantial enhancement of the figure's weathering. But I'd like to gauge it for myself.....

I have never seen any version comparison. I just go by both marketing materials, which do seem to point out a sunstantial enhancement of the figure's weathering. But I'd like to gauge it for myself.....
Ahh ok. I misunderstood the tone of your question. I took it as you knew something that maybe the rest of us didn’t :lol my bad. The way I discovered the updated paint and box was by viewing older YouTube reviews and then seeing YouTube reviews that have been posted within the last year. That’s the only way I’ve been able to tell the difference between the older one and the new one. Unfortunately, without anyone doing a direct comparison, it’s difficult to know if there’s been a drop in quality in other areas or not

Nice to see tis old thread back from beyond...

I always liked SSC's version of the protocol droid, wacky thumbs and all...a couple of old shots:

THREEPIO-023.jpg

THREEPIO-021.jpg

Don't know what the hold-up at HT is for producing their version of the "classic" Threepio is, but if they never do, this one still works just fine for me on display.

Nice to see tis old thread back from beyond...

I always liked SSC's version of the protocol droid, wacky thumbs and all...a couple of old shots:

View attachment 534960

View attachment 534961

Don't know what the hold-up at HT is for producing their version of the "classic" Threepio is, but if they never do, this one still works just fine for me on display.
Thanks for the pics. My concern is that I've heard the eyes look bad if they aren't switched on - is this true?

What do you mean?
Thx
If you click the link in the text of that monkeyjedi's post, it will take you to the post with comparison pics between the original release and the new one of the SS R2D2

easier to just quote his original post with comparison pics below:

After first sending me original old stock...
Then sending me new stock but completely broken and faulty...
Finally, 3 weeks later, my version 2 has arrived!!:yess:

And yes, it's night and day between the two... Massive improvement!!
Updated HT-style artbox with slipcard too!!

Kudos to Ozzel and his eagle-eyes for the heads-up on this :duff

V1 left - V2 right:

View attachment 420361

View attachment 420362

View attachment 420363

View attachment 420364

View attachment 420365

View attachment 420366

View attachment 420367

View attachment 420368

Last edited:
If you click the link in the text of that monkeyjedi's post, it will take you to the post with comparison pics between the original release and the new one of the SS R2D2

easier to just quote his original post with comparison pics below:
Oh sorry.
Thx for the heads-up.

Apologies, guys... I just clicked the share icon but it did something weird... Still figuring the new site out!!

Apologies, guys... I just clicked the share icon but it did something weird... Still figuring the new site out!!
We all are! The site has been dated for so long and now that it’s updated we have no idea how to use it :lol makes me feel old, especially since I’ve been at this place for about 10years now 😅

Back