Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really should buy one of Coco's stands for this pair. šŸ˜Š
He's got a bunch of desert themed stands - the newer ones are just fantastic (they are all nice). If anyone has a V1 HT mando, I have a SSC Threepio EX I would definitely trade for. (sorry I know I am being a tad rude w this)

I ordered one of these a while back and it says expected to ship in Jul - Aug 2021. It's October. Anyone heard anything about these?

Finally got this guy today. Pretty nice figure but unfortunately one of the fingers were broken straight out of the box. I asked SS for a replacement hand. Hopefully all goes well thereā€¦

Finally got this guy today. Pretty nice figure but unfortunately one of the fingers were broken straight out of the box. I asked SS for a replacement hand. Hopefully all goes well thereā€¦
You already got it? How come? It still reads "Preorder" on Sideshow's page....

You already got it? How come? It still reads "Preorder" on Sideshow's page....
Sideshow tends to always do this, it's nothing new. Collectors always get their figures in w/o the sideshow website updating to reflect that it's in stock. It will usually stay at Pre-order status on the website until they have fulfilled their Pre-orders.

I think Gipetto is correct. When I got the alert it shipped the site still said preorder.

SS did send me a replacement hand. Pretty painless

8C0D89D2-CDEC-45BF-8679-3C5229B2681A.jpeg

Threepio arrived last week.

So are SSC still claiming nothing is wrong with the initial releases thumbs now that they fixed it?
That issues is why I will never buy SSC again.

I actually had a 10 minute argument about this with themā€¦..they claim the tumbs are fine.

So are SSC still claiming nothing is wrong with the initial releases thumbs now that they fixed it?
That issues is why I will never buy SSC again.

I actually had a 10 minute argument about this with themā€¦..they claim the tumbs are fine.
Yes, me as well, I have been trying to stay away from SS figures due to proven QC/build issues.

But I am still in dilemma though because they happen to have the two figures I want which are Grievous and C3PO that HT doesn't have yet.

I think the thumbs just don't turn correctly to grasp anything? I have an old one I got second hand and splayed out they look fine, but when you're trying grip something, the thumb winds up looking like a 5th finger instead. I think that's the issue?

The thumbs were totally backwardā€¦ Lots of discussion about it and fixes in the earlier posts.

The thumbs were totally backwardā€¦ Lots of discussion about it and fixes in the earlier posts.
I think the thumbs just don't turn correctly to grasp anything? I have an old one I got second hand and splayed out they look fine, but when you're trying grip something, the thumb winds up looking like a 5th finger instead. I think that's the issue?
But....Well, on that picture, they look exactly like that to me! No opposition of the thumb to the other fingers, right?

Black parts outward and gold inward? I tried to search but didn't come up with much more than people finding it hard to grip. There's 265 pages in this thread, can't spend that much time searching so I asked.

Back