Sideshow 1:1 Full Size Hulk Bust Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I passed on this. Up until a few weeks ago I was seriously considering getting one of these 'cause I liked the Kirby look (still do) but for that price...not worth it at all! I'm disappointed in this; way overpriced. I'd pay $200 for this and that's it. LOL

And God would someone please just put a baseball bat to that horrific 1:1 Spider-Man head? Truly one of the ugliest busts ever. LOL

Thanks,

BB

Attachments

• 19059686_1450146255032012_328530686556255544_n.jpg
    19059686_1450146255032012_328530686556255544_n.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 13
I was not bashing SS. I think they are a superb company, and I have been extremely pleased with most of their stuff and have always said so.

This bust is one of the rare one's that missed the mark IMO.

Why are you so afraid to be critical? These are expensive pieces and deserve constructive criticism.

And they've missed the mark more than once! LOL

Thanks,

BB

The paint app on SS Hullk eyes looks horrible. Honestly, you can see where they painted out of the lines. Why are his pupils concave? This appears to have been painted by someone that just got hired off the street. I can honestly say this is the worst Hulk I've ever seen. Everything about it is just bad, hate to sound harsh but its the truth. The size, the paint, the look, the color, the face, the nose, the weight...the price!. Everything about this is just very bad.
SS for the millionth time....PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING FROM THE 2008 HULK FILM.

Chris

Last edited:
Glad I passed on this. Up until a few weeks ago I was seriously considering getting one of these 'cause I liked the Kirby look (still do) but for that price...not worth it at all! I'm disappointed in this; way overpriced. I'd pay $200 for this and that's it. LOL

Thanks,

BB

I got mine 390 shipped! its a sweet deal!

Last edited:
The paint app on SS Hullk eyes looks horrible. Honestly, you can see where they painted out of the lines. Why are his pupils concave? This appears to have been painted by someone that just got hired off the street. I can honestly say this is the worst Hulk I've ever seen. Everything about it is just bad, hate to sound harsh but its the truth. The size, the paint, the look, the color, the face, the nose, the weight...the price!. Everything about this is just very bad.
SS for the millionth time....PLEASE MAKE SOMETHING FROM THE 2008 HULK FILM.

Chris

Awesome, can't wait for mine!!!!

Skiman

That is a strange paint app on the eyes for the dynmaic bust...never liked that one either

I agree the paint app is far from ideal. The DF Hulk 1:1 commands attention and dominates just about every piece it's displayed next to.

Sideshow's 1:1 looks too non-confrontational for my liking.

My bro has the DF Hulk, Wolverine, Green Goblin, and Spiderman alongside the SS Iron Man (defect free) and Venom. IMO those are the top of the Marvel 1:1's - they look awesome together!

I agree the eyes on the DF Hulk look a little off, but its an overall great piece and well over the size of a normal human head.

The SS Hulk has its own style, and fans of that style will be in heaven with it. But I dont think the majority of modern fans know that Hulk so it was a bit f a letdown.

Gonna have to do some work on this badboyee and it will be EPIC, there's still so potential, I WON'T LET HULK down, he's my boyee.

Saw it at the comic shop today and yeah the teeth are that bad...unfortunately this isnt worthy of my Hulk shrine.

a little work and this looks great. When i got it first i went " what the _____K" but i got the paints out and now its one of my favorite pieces. But i most say sideshow should have showen more respect to such an iconic marvel legand. Its a good piece but it could have been great.

I received this last week and it was the worse paint job I have hadto date!! Paint flaking all over, and a massive crack right down the right hand side. Very dissappointed, like some of the comments above the paint job in general was very poor, going over lines etc. I asked for my money back instead of a replacement!

I had this next to the Gamorrean guide and the difference between the quality is so apparent just in terms of weight and build quality! and the guide was cheaper!!!

Back