SHIN GODZILLA - Toho Studios To Return to Godzilla in 2016!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having watched it again I now feel confident saying that this movie is quite special, a nice step up in cinematic narrative quality for the series, a Godzilla movie that can be watched without laughing at anything silly, it really is back to form like the original.

Don't get me wrong i'm not putting down what has come before they all have something special to offer, but this was a great serious take on what would happen.

Godzilla scenes are amazing.

I love the entire franchise, but my top favorites are the more serious films mostly for their depictions of Godzilla himself.

1. Gojira
2. Godzilla 1984
3. Godzilla 2014
4. Shin Godzilla
5. Godzilla vs Biollante

Overall, Shin has a more well crafted story than Godzilla 2014, but for repeat viewing, I enjoy the smaller range of characters in 2014. If Shin had a more narrow cast I might put it higher on the list. While not all the characters in 84 were great, I thought they did a good job of expanding the scope of people involved in the situation without having too many players. Shin's political plot was like '84 on steroids.

1) Gojira
2) Mothra vs Godzilla
3) Shin Godzilla
4) Godzilla vs Biollante
5) GMK

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'd put Mothra vs Godzilla at 6, tough call between that one and Biollante, but definitely a standout from the Showa era.

I will always believe that Mothra vs Godzilla is the best "vs" monster movie ever made.

1. Gojira
2. Godzilla 1984
3. Godzilla 2014
4. Shin Godzilla
5. Godzilla vs Biollante

Overall, Shin has a more well crafted story than Godzilla 2014, but for repeat viewing, I enjoy the smaller range of characters in 2014. If Shin had a more narrow cast I might put it higher on the list. While not all the characters in 84 were great, I thought they did a good job of expanding the scope of people involved in the situation without having too many players. Shin's political plot was like '84 on steroids.

My top 6 "serious" list would be

1. 54
2. Shin (nipping at the heals of 54 though)
3. Mothra
4. G14
5. Biollante
6. GMK

It's a flawed movie for sure, but I'm ranking based on personal enjoyment and repeat viewing, not so mich film quality, and as flat as they can be, I find the characters relatable so it's more enjoyable, and despite all the monster **** teasing, when you finally see it, I love every second of it.

I'm more of a golden age fan I think. Aside from the sweet visuals and Cranston, 2014 bores me. I'd prefer the more colorful, crazy stuff stuff like Planet X or the cast from Ghidrah. Hell, give me the Godzilla vs Gigan hippies. Lol

I'd even put Destroyah over 2014 for the monster/death scenes alone because I pretty much prefer all the characters to quicksilver and Scarlet witch.

Back