Shaun Of The Dead!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And seriously, complaining about the paint... when has a Sideshow figure's proto paint ever looked like the production :lol

That's the reason I pre-ordered, I figure the the paint apps are never the same on the productio figures, I hoping it gets better!

Now I need to get some Zombies for Simon to bash!:rotfl

If I wanted toyz I'd buy Bratz. :lol I want dolls that look like the people they represent, in miniature. So make Ed fatter. :lol

I think these are mediocre coming from Sideshow. People want razzle dazzle bang bang. If it had have been up to me, I would have made these a two pack and included Ed's zombie head, to really get the fans on side. I guess it's a line that is going to be strung out, that's if it doesn't die soon after these two are released. Any zombies that may be representative of the film aren't going to be better than Sideshows own dead line, and they'll cost more as well.

When it comes to zombies, I'm happy with Sideshows no name variety, and happy that they are issued sporadically.

Bratz he says. Sometimes you just have to accept exposed joints in a doll. I don't have a problem with my Crazy Horse figure for example....but then again he is in much better shape than Ed.

Good idea about swapping out heads, but we both know that's not Sideshow's style. You gotta give those Phibes and Dark Shadows figures credit for giving us the option.

That's my point. If the paint on the proto is bad than the paint on the production piece is going to be even worse.:monkey3

Well if ya hate it now, at least it will be different once it ships. Actually the reason I made the comment was there were complaints about the ruddyness and sheen of the heads. And that's why I said it will end up being different, but that could be for better or worse.

But, I'm stoked because this is once license I thought we'd never see in 1/6 :rock

Well if ya hate it now, at least it will be different once it ships. Actually the reason I made the comment was there were complaints about the ruddyness and sheen of the heads. And that's why I said it will end up being different, but that could be for better or worse.

But, I'm stoked because this is once license I thought we'd never see in 1/6 :rock

Hear hear... and it bodes well for a possible Hot Fuzz line.
Excellent news. No trick here--- all treat.:D

These don't look very good at all. What's happened to Sideshow? Have they taken on too many properties? Their quality seems to be slipping like a three-legged dog in a moving car full of marbles.

I think the expressions are pretty good, especially the stoned/dumfounded look of Ed. Got them on order, now bring on some Shaun zombies (so I dont have to hunt down the Dead line).

Ed's joints are a little harder to hide but Shaun would have been easily solved by giving him his black jacket especially since he wore that jacket when he brought the flowers

Ed's joints are a little harder to hide but Shaun would have been easily solved by giving him his black jacket especially since he wore that jacket when he brought the flowers

Hmm, could of made the flowers a regular item and the jacket part of the exclusive then

They could have made both the jacket and the flowers the exclusive since they go together IMHO

I may just pick up a black jacket somewhere if i find one that looks a good match. I dunno though, joints don't really bother me. These are action figures, not statues. Articulation requires joints. :lol

I'm so torn. I wasn't going to get them, but the more I look at them and the more I think about it I want them. I know what will happen I won't get them and they will bring out a zombie Ed or something and I would of wished I started collecting.

I just don't want to miss out on the exclusives if I do. I guess I could always cancel later.

I'm so torn. I wasn't going to get them, but the more I look at them and the more I think about it I want them. I know what will happen I won't get them and they will bring out a zombie Ed or something and I would of wished I started collecting.

I just don't want to miss out on the exclusives if I do. I guess I could always cancel later.

Oh give in already... like you said, no harm in pre-ordering and canceling later. I don't imagine these will have a huge exclusive (or even regular) edition size, so you might as well hedge your bets.

And anyway, don't you want to be cool like the rest of us?!?

Oh give in already... like you said, no harm in pre-ordering and canceling later. I don't imagine these will have a huge exclusive (or even regular) edition size, so you might as well hedge your bets.

And anyway, don't you want to be cool like the rest of us?!?

I caved! Only because of your last comment. :monkey3

utterly superb movie!
Would have caved if there was a premium format version, as it is, nice pieces but not for me!

D

The head sculpts are spot on....the choice of expression on the other hand.....:google

I actually like the expressions. It makes them far from the "zombie" stare look. I would prefer Shaun's eyes to be centered and not off to the side in the production figure, but that is my only gripe. Ed's face is as goofy as it was in the film. Heck, in the 360 view, you can see Ed even has the bald spot in the back of his head. I just wish Ed's clothes/body/fat gets fixed by production. Of course Ed has a weird wardrobe to begin with, but his body seems too thin (which I'm sure Nick Frost isn't complaining about).

I can't tell who the sculpter is from the list (the first guy? new guy?) but whoever it is, they did a fantastic job. The hair are both figures is a hard style to pull off, and they did it.

Back