Shaun Of The Dead!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this figures and I loved the movie but when I saw the 60.00 price I said "sixty for both, that's not bad."

I guess the age of the 40.00 collectible action figure is over. In my opinion there is nothing about these figures that makes them worth a 60.00 price tag.

Nothing against the figures, they look great and I love the movie accurate accesories, just the price is a little excessive.

I don't like what I see, I prefer the NECA figures. But I'm glad they picked the license. I hope there are new license announcements soon!

I think $60 is a bit high, especially since so many of the comments seem to indicate hiring an artist for a repaint, so its going to be about $70 shipped, plus another $30+ for the repaint.
$100 figure. I'm sure the edition size will not be huge and that must factor in to the pricing. Lower ES = higher price.
I guess the SW figures will soon be a $70 average.

Oh well.

I really like this figures and I loved the movie but when I saw the 60.00 price I said "sixty for both, that's not bad."

I guess the age of the 40.00 collectible action figure is over. In my opinion there is nothing about these figures that makes them worth a 60.00 price tag.

Nothing against the figures, they look great and I love the movie accurate accesories, just the price is a little excessive.

Agree 100%. $60 for these is ridiculous. I only wonder whether this apparent price increase on bare bones figures will trickle to other lines like SW, LOTR, and the Indy line.

The difference between the outfit detail of Shaun vs Boromir is far greater than $5. I fear future figures of the quality of Boromir will therefore rise to $70-$80.

I would normally be all over these but to my eye they are simply awful. Ed is passable except for the skinny visable arms (thats a whole other issue) but Shaun, my god, it's just awful.

I can't believe Pegg and Frost would have approved those likenesses, if I was Simon Pegg I would go freakin mental if they showed me that!

For a company of such high standing, the Shaun figure at that pricepoint is embarresing, I seriously think they should reconsider releaseing it as is.
It's a shame because as I said, I would normally have bought them, but I would never display that Shaun figure...never.

I'm sorry if I seem so negative, and having seen some of the sculpters other work, you can see he's a very talented guy, but this is a licence I would have loved to see be done well, but it quite simply hasn't IMHO!

I think $60 is a bit high, especially since so many of the comments seem to indicate hiring an artist for a repaint, so its going to be about $70 shipped, plus another $30+ for the repaint.
$100 figure. I'm sure the edition size will not be huge and that must factor in to the pricing. Lower ES = higher price.
I guess the SW figures will soon be a $70 average.

Oh well.

Andy, I would have ALL of my 1:6 collection repainted if I could afford it. It doesn't reflect necessarily on how good or bad a production paint job will be. A personal paint job will always be better.

:lecture

...I seriously think they should reconsider releaseing it as is.
It's a shame because as I said, I would normally have bought them, but I would never display that Shaun figure...never.
Who said they were releasing them as is? These are prototypes and everybody ALWAYS b!tc#es and moans about the protos and say 'Pass', until production pics come up and they change their mind. I never understood why people complain about something that is obviously NOT a final product.

Andy, I would have ALL of my 1:6 collection repainted if I could afford it. It doesn't reflect necessarily on how good or bad a production paint job will be. A personal paint job will always be better.

:lecture

I agree with that, but "I'm just going to have someone repaint it" should not become an excuse for SSC to put out substandard paint jobs.

Who said they were releasing them as is? These are prototypes and everybody ALWAYS b!tc#es and moans about the protos and say 'Pass', until production pics come up and they change their mind. I never understood why people complain about something that is obviously NOT a final product.

Because if nobody did, it would become FINAL.

Duh. :rolleyes:

The *****ers help bring about a change. They are doing a service to the collecting community because SS listens usually.

The *****ers help bring about a change. They are doing a service to the collecting community because SS listens usually.
So do you guys think that a company like SSC is brain dead and doesn't have sense enough to improve their own products? I'd say 90% of the time the b!tc#ing does absolutely NOTHING. I think these guys will turn out great and all those saying that they hate them will be clamoring to get them later.

So do you guys think that a company like SSC is brain dead and doesn't have sense enough to improve their own products? I'd say 90% of the time the b!tc#ing does absolutely NOTHING. I think these guys will turn out great and all those saying that they hate them will be clamoring to get them later.

Not brain dead but sometimes disconnected. We are the consumers and what we want should be noted. Many times SS does not listen and they ship something that most people are upset with like old man Angel but some times they do listen and make a better product. Even if 90% of the complaining does nothing there is still that 10% that gets through and can make a better final product for the collector.

Back