1:6 Shaun from Shaun of the Dead by YanToys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of this 😮
1000034632.jpg

Kit is shipping these out. Although my enthusiasm for this has kind of dwindled. I am excited to see what it looks like in person. I hope Ed doesn't doesn't suffer the same fate, but it's more likely.

I get the concern about these guys, but I’m happy to get these and have them in my collection.
SOTD is one my top favs, so when the SS versions came out 10 years ago I jumped on them, and unsurprisingly I was utterly disappointed with them, being the same old SS at the time with just generally aweful efforts from them. Shaun looked odd, and Ed looked old. Overall crap.

These guys however have a lot of potential, better quality, x2 head sculpts/options, better outfits and accessories so heres to hoping.

This is a good upgrade from SS's release. It's got accessories we did not get in that first release and improvements on those that were. It's a bit of an animated look, but it's not too bad. I like the idea of the seamless wrists. However, they chose a joint at the wrist and elbow that are a glaring different color. It's distracting as can be. The jacket covers much of that, but that short-sleeved shirt...man are they ugly.
Overall, I think most folks will be happy with it. I know I am. I enjoy the movie immensely, so collectibles are always welcomed. Bring on Ed!

Last edited:
I definitely want to do a body swap because of those elbows. Any idea on what a good replacement would be?
I'd like to know too. It would be nice if the seamless forearms could be saved. Maybe a worldbox body would have compatible joints?

I'd like to know too. It would be nice if the seamless forearms could be saved. Maybe a worldbox body would have compatible joints?
I would think any other body that takes this kind of joint would work. They have to be closer in color than the one it comes with. The joint itself is very unsightly, too.

Back