Shaun Of The Dead!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a big Shaun of the Dead fan. They're a must-buy for me. I know guys like Dark Artist and Darren will make these look even better. Trust me.

Eric

What an awesome surprise!! :chew

Shaun Of The Dead is a great license to pick up....

...but I agree that these figures look rather bad. The sculpts, paint ops, and clothing all look bad IMO.

I know these are just prototypes but usually with SS the protos always look better than the production photos. Does this mean that the production figures are going to look worse than these protos? :google:

I ordered both but hopefully SS will "tweak" these a bit before production.

I am kinda surprised we haven't seen a new standard 12" body yet. The Buck is serviceable but a bit of a relic at this point.

I can't wait for these, the down side is waiting until Q2. I have feeling that the repainters here will rock these and knowing Darren he'll resculpt the whole thing. Lol

I know these are just prototypes but usually with SS the protos always look better than the production photos. Does this mean that the production figures are going to look worse than these protos? :google:

its kind of hit and miss. sometime they produce figures that looks just as good or better than their proto, but when they dont, the difference is so appearant that you cant help but feel been cheated.

I thought Ed was the zombie version, looking at the pics.

And yes they are worth $10 more than the Dead line because this time they have a licence to pay for.

The solution for these hideous bare arms is the same as it is for the DcD 13 inchers. Get rid of the cut forearms and biceps. Go retro, back to the time before these cut joints became the norm. Surely they must still have the tooling to do that.

I thought Ed was the zombie version, looking at the pics.

And yes they are worth $10 more than the Dead line because this time they have a licence to pay for.

The solution for these hideous bare arms is the same as it is for the DcD 13 inchers. Get rid of the cut forearms and biceps. Go retro, back to the time before these cut joints became the norm. Surely they must still have the tooling to do that.

yikes creech! What's so wrong with a toy that actually looks like a toy?

This line, coupled with the Fly license = 2 more lines I have no interest in....at all.

Shaun looks great, but I'm not sold on the eyes off to the side look. Ed's face looks fine, but the body needs some work. The padding and outfit aren't working right to me. Otherwise these are great! I ordered both. The Dead are shaking even worse now! :lol

yikes creech! What's so wrong with a toy that actually looks like a toy?

If I wanted toyz I'd buy Bratz. :lol I want dolls that look like the people they represent, in miniature. So make Ed fatter. :lol

I think these are mediocre coming from Sideshow. People want razzle dazzle bang bang. If it had have been up to me, I would have made these a two pack and included Ed's zombie head, to really get the fans on side. I guess it's a line that is going to be strung out, that's if it doesn't die soon after these two are released. Any zombies that may be representative of the film aren't going to be better than Sideshows own dead line, and they'll cost more as well.

When it comes to zombies, I'm happy with Sideshows no name variety, and happy that they are issued sporadically.

When it comes to zombies, I'm happy with Sideshows no name variety, and happy that they are issued sporadically.

I agree 100% I hope they never make zombies from film... SS's own creations are better then anything from a movie!!!

I am 100% stoked for this line, 1) it's a new 1/6 2) its horror and 3) its from a smaller independent film. Its almost like Sideshow is going back to their roots and not just going with the big money makers.

Also the biggest, 4) its
Shaun of the F'n Dead!!!

And as for the complaints (so many, so early) I actually prefer the extreme expressions as the movie was very expressive and active. Also the exposed joints are just a problem with short sleeved figuires. And production figures from all companies look crummy with exposed joints... especially in photos. But in person (like the Classic Leatherface) you really don't notice them. Or at least I don't.

And seriously, complaining about the paint... when has a Sideshow figure's proto paint ever looked like the production :lol

I am 100% stoked for this line, 1) it's a new 1/6 2) its horror and 3) its from a smaller independent film. Its almost like Sideshow is going back to their roots and not just going with the big money makers.

Also the biggest, 4) its
Shaun of the F'n Dead!!!

And as for the complaints (so many, so early) I actually prefer the extreme expressions as the movie was very expressive and active. Also the exposed joints are just a problem with short sleeved figuires. And production figures from all companies look crummy with exposed joints... especially in photos. But in person (like the Classic Leatherface) you really don't notice them. Or at least I don't.

And seriously, complaining about the paint... when has a Sideshow figure's proto paint ever looked like the production :lol

Spoken with the beauty and eloquence which only a Founding Father of the Krusade would possess. :rock

I'm extremely happy right now because of this announcement. What a great way to kick off Halloween. There is room for improvement with them but I'm certain sideshow will make an awesome final product. I only wish Shaun came with a bloody shirt as an exclusive.

Now how about the zombie girl from the backyard? She'd be perfect for some record throwing target practice.

I am really happy with this line. I have been waiting for someone to produce some good figures of Shaun and Ed. I was really hoping that they were going to release them as a two pack, but I'll take them as is. I hope that later they release a Zombie Ed. Just really happy that they are being released. Now bring on some more DEAD!!!!!!!

Back