Shaun Of The Dead!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shaun of the dead!!!!

I got mine definitely. I'm hoping for a Zombie Ed, Winchester Shaun, Liz, Philip both Zombie and not and definitely Mary with the pole through her stomach.

I hope these sell good, would make sideshow go for other horror licenses. If you're on the fence about these and love horror, just order!!!!!

Maybe these are so expensive because the production will be low?

I hope that these sell well so that we see HOT FUZZ as well.
Very happy with this announcement!!!

I am sad. I LOVE Shaun of the Dead and would have easily picked these up had it not been for the mediocre face sculpts, followed by piss-poor paint apps. I know SideShow can do better than this. I have seen SideShow do better than this. And yes, those bodies are awful. Especially on Ed. What's with the Christina Aguilera arms and legs on a fat body?! SideShow should have fat bodies because not every character they release possesses the Ashton Kutchner lanky-type physique.

Edit: Sorry for being so harsh. I just know what SS is capable of and perhaps I have also seen what companies like Medicom and Hot Toys have to offer. Then again, you're paying 60 USD here vs. the usual 100-150 US you pay for those company's figures. So you pay for what you get.

My Hot Toys Jack Sparrow blows these Shaun of the Dead figures out of the water, in costuming accuracy, fit of clothing, headsculpt. . . it's just insane to try to compare the two.

SwedishFish, i'm not comparing the 2 at all in quality, clothing, blah blah blah. I'm simply saying that $60 isn't a lot.

Not a fan of the HT Jack Sparrow either. I'll take my HT Predators and Military over Sparrow anyday.

I love em, dammit! Don't care about the paint apps, the sculpts are there... even if Ed is a little rough. I think with some good paint and some minor work here and there and these figures will rule. I'll probably buy two extra ones later to do the end of the film versions of the characters.

All I need now is a pint and some hog lumps and I am GOOD! Best day for me on SSC in a looooong time. :rock

I think that the weakness of the Sideshow body comes through in short sleeved figures. The arms look bad, and the face sculpts leave much to be desired. The heads look like they belong on a different body. I loved the Shaun of the Dead movie, but I just can't get these two. If thse are your bag, go ahead baby.

I love em, dammit! Don't care about the paint apps, the sculpts are there... even if Ed is a little rough. I think with some good paint and some minor work here and there and these figures will rule. I'll probably buy two extra ones later to do the end of the film versions of the characters.

All I need now is a pint and some hog lumps and I am GOOD! Best day for me on SSC in a looooong time. :rock

You'll be seeing mine shortly after I get em :monkey3

Ed's sculpt looks ok, but Shaun looks like an alien. But it could be the paint apps mostly.

I think that the weakness of the Sideshow body comes through in short sleeved figures. The arms look bad, and the face sculpts leave much to be desired. The heads look like they belong on a different body. I loved the Shaun of the Dead movie, but I just can't get these two. If thse are your bag, go ahead baby.

Trust me man... See these figures when I have had them and had some time to work my magic. :lol

They will look good. I can make any arms and joints damn near disappear with "sneaky repainting". Well worth the price.

Sorry, not for $60 bucks a pop with those hideous SS arms showing.

The sculpt on Ed is definitely there the more I look. Maybe it's the gloss in the pics and lackluster paint apps that make them look less appealing. Perhaps if we have a master painter like yourself working on these they may turn out nicely. But what to do concerning Ed's arms and legs? I can live with Shaun's arms looking like that because Simon Pegg is a slender man. However, Nick Frost is a very big man.

This should go well for collectors of the dead line.....but for the record I think the film is highly overrated. Abbott and Costello are much more talented and funny. Still, it's the best thing so far to come along in this years spooktacular....and comparisons to hot toys that cost nearly three times as much or medicoms that will snap and break at even the slightest touch really are not very fair.

This should go well for collectors of the dead line.....but for the record I think the film is highly overrated. Abbott and Costello are much more talented and funny. Still, it's the best thing so far to come along in this years spooktacular....and comparisons to hot toys that cost nearly three times as much or medicoms that will snap and break at even the slightest touch really are not very fair.

GET OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW! SUCH BLASPHEMY WON'T BE TOLERATED IN THIS THREAD! You may attack the figures all you want, but leave the movie out of it!

P.S. I know you didn't attack the figures. Just saying you can if you want, but leave the movie out of it! hehe

Yes let Sideshow give us Bud and Lou from "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein"!!!!!!!!!

Boy, it didn't take you guys long to start picking these figures apart. :lol

I think you guys are a bit severe.This is an awesome licence from a Cult movie..Sideshow needs to have more licences like that.The Face sculpts are nice and as oppopsed to Neca's (Wich is good also) they have a lot of character in it.

And 60$ for a 12'' is fair and is where the market is at today.You guys are cheap and probably homosexuals too.:monkey3

Back