SDCC 2018 Hot Toys News and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would Crait Luke have red foot prints on the stand??? Seems like a pretty obvious boo-boo HT!

Maybe they're Kylo's footprints when they swap positions ??

More likely it just looks cool to have some scuffs and footmarks rather than just red.

Others have said this suits their head canon that this is how the real Luke should have been in TLJ....

Take your pic :lol

That's even more than ready for display given the additional hands and light up arm they've got there.

I know a lot of people didn’t enjoy the movie but I would love a 1/4 hot Toys bvs Batman/Superman/ Wonder Woman figures. Like mini version of prime 1 studios.

Lando - Bespin
Han - Bespin
Tusken Raider
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Greedo
Biker Scout w/ bike

Nice list. I really wish they would get to some of the next tier characters and also some aliens. We've almost done all main OT characters in all main OT films.

Tusken Raider and Greedo would be a must for me.

I just hope they don't abandon those next tier OT characters for only PT main characters. Perhaps this will be more visible next year rather than this year.

That said, they better not forget about the remaining main characters of Rogue One !!! :lol

Also hoping for a new Drax, but I think that's a pipe dream. No doubt need to wait on IW2 and GotG 3 for any chance there. :-(

Maybe they're Kylo's footprints when they swap positions ??

More likely it just looks cool to have some scuffs and footmarks rather than just red.

Others have said this suits their head canon that this is how the real Luke should have been in TLJ....

Take your pic :lol

I’ll take all three! Lol. Actually, it makes sense that they’re Kylo’s so I’ll stick with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first two days are the most fun. Anything can be revealed. I can't wait to see what Blitzway is cooking up too. They make such cool choices.

One may dream...

B001BR7CZW_TheBluesBrothers_UXNB1._RI_SX940_.jpg

I feel like we are in for either crushing disappointment or incredible highs. Think about it. We are at a unique moment where there are no more MCU films or Star Wars films again until next March. Yes there is Aquaman and the next Predator but I expect only a few figures from each. We are in a stage where Hot Toys can either do MORE from recently released films(more infinity war, black panther, last Jedi, justice league, etc), do some stuff from older star wars(I expect them to do some pretty high demanded OT and PT stuff) or they can do stuff we demand outside of the big three(more Matrix reveals, new Terminator, back to the future, may be they do some new Rocky stuff to go with Creed 2). OR(and this is what scares me) we get little to nothing new because there is this little gap. I'm hoping for the former.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Honestly , looking at the panels, I say its mostly a bust.

I was browsing the programs and moat of the panels look like amateur hour at a high school.

The non throw away shows are tired and weak (Walking Dead I am looking at you)

The only interesting discussions so far are Halloween, and Godzilla KOM.....

Marvel Defenders?
Teen Titans?
Charmed?
Luke Cage
Krypton
Black Lighting?

These all look half assed.

I think super hero fatigue is about the set in fully......especially one IW story wraps up.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I feel like we are in for either crushing disappointment or incredible highs. Think about it. We are at a unique moment where there are no more MCU films or Star Wars films again until next March. Yes there is Aquaman and the next Predator but I expect only a few figures from each. We are in a stage where Hot Toys can either do MORE from recently released films(more infinity war, black panther, last Jedi, justice league, etc), do some stuff from older star wars(I expect them to do some pretty high demanded OT and PT stuff) or they can do stuff we demand outside of the big three(more Matrix reveals, new Terminator, back to the future, may be they do some new Rocky stuff to go with Creed 2). OR(and this is what scares me) we get little to nothing new because there is this little gap. I'm hoping for the former.

Dead on Darthkush ! I was also thinking this (more for Star Wars figures than anything else) that we have quite a big gap until Ep9. Ep8 was not totally loved, and as a second film even if it was, the characters are more or less the same. Solo, also mixed reactions leading to potential doubt on Hot Toys side if they will make much money on an extensive release for that film. Therefore where do you go ? Back to OT cash-cow or PT ? I'm hoping they really decide to push on with a mix of both to fill this gap.

As for SDCC in itself, yes it'll be pretty average. No Marvel, nothing much Star Wars. Although I do hope they give some more info on the Faverau TV series.

It's actually DC's chance to shine.....but they'll probably fumble it. Really hope they don't though !

But...people have been saying that for years. Still hasn't happened. I think when it really does happen, we will all be surprised and shocked. There are still too many of these movies and shows people are hyped about.
Honestly , looking at the panels, I say its mostly a bust.

I was browsing the programs and moat of the panels look like amateur hour at a high school.

The non throw away shows are tired and weak (Walking Dead I am looking at you)

The only interesting discussions so far are Halloween, and Godzilla KOM.....

Marvel Defenders?
Teen Titans?
Charmed?
Luke Cage
Krypton
Black Lighting?

These all look half assed.

I think super hero fatigue is about the set in fully......especially one IW story wraps up.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Dead on Darthkush ! I was also thinking this (more for Star Wars figures than anything else) that we have quite a big gap until Ep9. Ep8 was not totally loved, and as a second film even if it was, the characters are more or less the same. Solo, also mixed reactions leading to potential doubt on Hot Toys side if they will make much money on an extensive release for that film. Therefore where do you go ? Back to OT cash-cow or PT ? I'm hoping they really decide to push on with a mix of both to fill this gap.

As for SDCC in itself, yes it'll be pretty average. No Marvel, nothing much Star Wars. Although I do hope they give some more info on the Faverau TV series.

It's actually DC's chance to shine.....but they'll probably fumble it. Really hope they don't though !
Yeah I feel like no matter what happens, we will see more classic and prequel star wars at the least. I knew they were going deep soon when I saw attack of the clones Yoda. Something about him screamed"we are doing EVERYTHING!" I think Solo is done though. If the film had done better I could see Chewie, Lando and more Troopers but c'est la vie.

As far as non Hot Toys, I'm hyped about potential QMX and Blitzway reveals.

I'm not an all in collector for Star Wars, just the main ones and a few others that I like.
Definitely want to see a Lando, but not really fussed about the aliens or bounty hunters. There are just far too many characters in the franchise and as I also like DC and Marvel, I can't go too deep in to all of them, the wifey would kill me!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crushing disappointment was years ago. I've since adjusted my expectations. There'll be Marvel, there'll be Star Wars, maybe some DCEU stuff. Anything else will be stuff they already showed us but might not release for years to come if at all.

Back