SDCC 2018 Hot Toys News and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was genuinely more excited to see 8” golden girl figures than anything Hot Toys revealed this year. Weak SDCC.

Neca killed it this year, but Hot Toys and Blitzway were letdowns for me and I didn't see any 1/6 figures I want this year.

Mezco was the biggest disappointment for me this year. Their One:12 line started as a great innovative franchise. Now it is another Marvel/DC production. Where are the One:12 Thundercats they were advertising in Eamons podcast? What happened to all these classic monsters following for Frankenstein? Hanna Barbera? Stsr Trek? Nothing... I was really looking forward to see this franchise evolving, now I have issues selling my figures.

Mezco aren't a blip on the radar anymore. The tailoring looks **** on most figures now. Blitzway are making interesting choices. I just don't want them to suddenly stop until next July. Dying to know more about this supposed Forrest Gump figure.

To me the best figure was the one that wasn't shown - the force projection Luke from TLJ looks like it will be absolutely amazing, given the wonderful outfit. I thought Maul was good but otherwise SDCC was a bit meh.

Holding it off until hobo Luke has shipped, so as not to hurt sales, perhaps?

Particularly when Force Projection will be their third older Luke release.

Holding it off until hobo Luke has shipped, so as not to hurt sales, perhaps?

Particularly when Force Projection will be their third older Luke release.

Maybe they'll cancel hobo Luke in favour of force projection Luke? They didn't show hobo Luke at SDCC.

I talked to the guys at the Chronicle Collectibles booth and asked them about the Conan The Barbarian figure. When I mentioned it, the guy got a pained expression on his face and said they are still working on it, it's not a lost cause yet, but it's tough to crack 1/6th. I asked if we can expect any news at all this year and he said definitely no. Another guy came over when he heard us and also did the same apologetic / pained expression and re-iterated the same things.

So basically, they're aware of the fan demand and are still trying to work it out (meaning I guess they want to do it right but not lose their shirts?), but don't get your hopes up.

Back