San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives tonight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
It would be fun to see an SDCC exclusive Roger Moore Bond PF show up out of the blue. Realistically, the X-Files, Apes, Hellboy and Bond lines have been too quiet/slow to expect an SDCC slot to be devoted to them, so I'm not looking to them to finish up the list of exclusives...

Wasn't there talk/hints from SS that there will indeed be something from BOND at the Con? Some have speculated (as you have) that it will be the PF Moore, and others are hoping for a 12" Auric Goldfinger. Other than the Moonraker Bond, that line has been too quite too long. Here's hoping...

Since I've finally bought Patient Zero this week, I'm ready for a new Zombie figure.But please Sideshow, make a higher number of figures available than just 300...:google :google

I don't think we are gonna see a PF piece from SW or LOTR and I'm starting to doubt we see a 12" LOTR.

I'd love a premium format zombie in the same vein as Patient Zero.

jlcmsu said:
I don't think we are gonna see a PF piece from SW or LOTR and I'm starting to doubt we see a 12" LOTR.

I certainly have high hopes, but my gut feeling is to agree with you. There are no other PFs releasing any time soon that could be given the exclusive treatment other than Leia, but she already has an exclusive. Luke was perfect last year because he was shipping at just the right time, and didn't already have an exclusive. Expecting them to do all of the work for a PF just for SDCC is maybe asking too much. They also tend to stick to variants rather than brand new characters. The only possibility that even comes to mind would be an exclusive version of PF Frodo, but since he isn't supposed to be ready until Christmas, I just don't see an exclusive being finished and ready to pick up at SDCC in July. While I would love to see a PF revealed tonight, it would be a great surprise but it's not something I really expect.

Just about five hours to go!!!

I agree a PF Frodo like that would make one but I just don't feel it happening. Same with the 12" there isn't anything due to ship anytime soon and unless they have a Strider with Lothlorien Cloak ready right now I don't see this LOTR happening.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Looking at the past exclusives, I see a lot of variants and NOT a lot of brand new characters. Ultimate Hellboy didn't bug the people who already had a Hellboy. Nazi Kroenen was a variant of a previously released character. Werewolf Oz was a variant. Bleeding Lawgiver was a variant. The exclusive Luke PF was a variant. They do show some respect to the fans by tending to not release brand new characters that won't otherwise be available to the general market--that's why I don't see something like Giles being revealed tonight. Sideshow wants to please attendees while not totally and completely alienating those who can't get an exclusive. I am very excited to see what they show us tonight, but I have a feeling that the really cool stuff will be revealed and preordered at SDCC, and not picked up there.

tomandshell said:
Looking at the past exclusives, I see a lot of variants and NOT a lot of brand new characters. Ultimate Hellboy didn't bug the people who already had a Hellboy. Nazi Kroenen was a variant of a previously released character. Werewolf Oz was a variant. Bleeding Lawgiver was a variant. The exclusive Luke PF was a variant. They do show some respect to the fans by tending to not release brand new characters that won't otherwise be available to the general market--that's why I don't see something like Giles being revealed tonight. Sideshow wants to please attendees while not totally and completely alienating those who can't get an exclusive. I am very excited to see what they show us tonight, but I have a feeling that the really cool stuff will be revealed and preordered at SDCC, and not picked up there.

Well lets not forget about the Lotr busts (non variants) or the dead figure. I wouldn't call Nazi Kroenen really a variant but a whole different figure of Kroenen. The variant would be like the battle damage and the regular one, Nazi Kroenen did create quite the stir.
Sideshow is pretty good at throwing curve balls so when it comes to this kind of stuff I never say never to anything.

I was thinking variant because there was a different version of Kroenen available to those that missed the SDCC one.

The Dead was a truly unique character.

Yea I know what you are saying but I think of a variant of a regular versionthat is also avaliable. Were with the Nazi Kroenen there was not another version of a WWII Kroenen. I don't that's just my way of thinking and I have 2 of him.:cool:

Bad news for you--it's only quarter after four, PST. Two hours to go...

They are nice enough to wait for me to get home from work before posting the newsletter.

tomandshell said:
Bad news for you--it's only quarter after four, PST. Two hours to go...

They are nice enough to wait for me to get home from work before posting the newsletter.

AHG!!! Damn those West Coast Bastards and their Time Zone from Hell!!!!

(he said lovingly)

Come on! Can't us Freaks get a little sneak peak? A list? The lines? The formats? Initials? First letter? Anything? The suspense is killing me! Hopefully it isn't just a line up, but actual pics too.

Gotta go to bed... Have to get up early tomorro to go to work and here in Italy is 2 am... I'm a fool, nope....... a freak;)

Goodnight everyone and see ya tomorrow for the Comicon exclusives talk...

Yeah, damn timezones! It can be a little tricky at times for us East Coasters... I always forget to figure in the time difference!! :monkey2

Oh well, I'm still excited and can't wait to see what the newsletter has in store.

Back