MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw an add through Facebook Market place and picked them up locally. Maybe 15 minutes from my house. They are all originally from BBTS since they had that yellow sticker BBTS like to put on everything. All in the brown shippers. Guy I got them from is also selling other figures and a ton of hardcovers, omnibuses, and absolute edition books. All look to be sealed and new. Not passing judgment but looks like his collection may have gotten out of hand because his wife kept asking him if he was selling more and telling him bills that were do, I would have loved to stay and looked through other items but since I felt like I was already in the middle of car accident. I picked up the Turtles and I also bought 3 Neca 1/4 scale Turtles all Sealed in the box at $50 a pop. Got Donatello, Leonardo, and Ralph in Disguise. Never used FB market place before but because I had run some searches recently it popped up on my feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pick-up. I love my Mondo Turtles. They have a surprising amount of shelf presence. At 1/6 scale, based on their heights, I think they are the correct scale, but they just look so substantial.

They also have a nice weight to them, but they aren’t for me. I’m a nurse by trade and I wanted to do something nice for client of mine who is bed bound and on a ventilator 24/7 due to a severe spinal injury. I’ve been helping him get all the older trades pre loaded on his computer which allows him to read them using a voice controlled program called Snapdragon since he has no use of his hands. His family is of limited means and I’m blessed with 3 happy and healthy kids - 2 in college and 1 finishing high school and I recently did extremely well in some eBay sales I did so I wanted to do something special for this amazing young man that has had his life turned upside down by a drunk driver. I’m not a religious person by any means but I do believe in helping those that you can and by spreading positivity and good will...it does come back to you and enriches your life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know this is an old thread, but has there been any news on Shredder, Casey, and the Foot? I hope they’re still happening, but they didn’t have any presence at Toy Fair this year that I’ve seen. It was just their MOTU stuff as far as 1/6 goes.

I've asked Brock on IG a few times now. First time last year he said that they were still coming and i asked again 3 weeks ago and all he said was "When it comes, it will come without warning. That is the ninja way".

So while it's not an outright answer, it sounds like they will be coming at some point. I'm curious how they will do the release. Individually like they've been doing with the MOTU series, or if they will do another subscription service like they did with the turtles that was super limited.

They also have a nice weight to them, but they aren’t for me. I’m a nurse by trade and I wanted to do something nice for client of mine who is bed bound and on a ventilator 24/7 due to a severe spinal injury. I’ve been helping him get all the older trades pre loaded on his computer which allows him to read them using a voice controlled program called Snapdragon since he has no use of his hands. His family is of limited means and I’m blessed with 3 happy and healthy kids - 2 in college and 1 finishing high school and I recently did extremely well in some eBay sales I did so I wanted to do something special for this amazing young man that has had his life turned upside down by a drunk driver. I’m not a religious person by any means but I do believe in helping those that you can and by spreading positivity and good will...it does come back to you and enriches your life.

Holy ****, you are ****ing awesome. It's good hearted people like you that make me think this world has a glimmer of hope left in it.

Holy ****, you are ****ing awesome. It's good hearted people like you that make me think this world has a glimmer of hope left in it.

Thanks but really there are more people out there that do stuff like this all the time. I didn’t do anything massive I spent a little over a couple hundred bucks to make someone happy. It’s a pebble in an ocean. I’m sure there are others on here that have done similar or even bigger acts of kindness. I just enjoy being in a position where I can one pebble at a time. ;)

Who even knew Hot Topic carried figures, collectibles, etc.???

My local HT never has anything but Funko pops but their website usually carries everything. eBay has had these for under $100 more times than not. I only got Leo but I'm considering finishing out the set. Tempted for Shredder if he ever gets made but my desire to really get into this license has far gone.

Back