Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue one: Spoilers confirmed! You are warned do no read these are real

She does. Before they did another cuts and tons of reshoots.

Doesn't matter -- not in the movie, it didn't happen.

You can't count what's on the editing room floor no more than you can count unused artwork, story notes that never made it in, actor's takes that never got printed, casting that never happened, etc.

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED*

I'll be seeing this for the second time in an hour. I really enjoyed the first viewing, despite some dodgy CG for some actors, but they were necessary for the plot. Also I never realized just how much Prowse brought to the role of Vader. For me, it will always look like somebody is cosplaying as Vader if it's not Prowse. He just brought a presence to the role I didn't fully appreciate until I somebody else playing the role.

All that said, I enjoyed the movie quite a lot. I think I will like it more the second time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also I never realized just how much Prowse brought to the role of Vader. For me, it will always look like somebody is cosplaying as Vader if it's not Prowse. He just brought a presence to the role I didn't fully appreciate until I somebody else playing the role.

Ain't it the truth.

Doesn't matter -- not in the movie, it didn't happen.

You can't count what's on the editing room floor no more than you can count unused artwork, story notes that never made it in, actor's takes that never got printed, casting that never happened, etc.

I don't. I'm just saying it was there originally. I know it doesn't matter now.

Thought it was great. I could nit pick to death, but there's no point it was a great sci-if movie.

It was. And it could contain the single best Vader sequence in the entire Star Wars universe...

But he was still a bit wonky. At least until I see it a million more times and get used to it.

It was. And it could contain the single best Vader sequence in the entire Star Wars universe...

But he was still a bit wonky. At least until I see it a million more times and get used to it.

Maybe it looks that way because....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe it looks that way because....

Spoiler Spoiler:

Partly, yes, maybe. But its more about his posture, his gate... we all know how he moves based on three films. Its so distinctive. RO Vader looked fine walking forward at Krennic like in the trailer. But it was his posture that seemed odd; the way his helmet moved, the hand gestures... little things... and those overly-red eyes.

I need to see it again. :)

I don't. I'm just saying it was there originally. I know it doesn't matter now.

Hopefully one day they will release an extended cut of the movie with some of the scenes put back in.

Hopefully one day they will release an extended cut of the movie with some of the scenes put back in.

Probably hard to make sense of some of them now. Like, how can she be running on the beach with the plans and then get back up in the tower?

I had enough trouble buying her getting all the way down the mountain and all the way up the endless ladder during the brief conversation that Krennic had with her dad.

Partly, yes, maybe. But its more about his posture, his gate... we all know how he moves based on three films. Its so distinctive. RO Vader looked fine walking forward at Krennic like in the trailer. But it was his posture that seemed odd; the way his helmet moved, the hand gestures... little things... and those overly-red eyes.

I need to see it again. :)

I haven't seen the film yet, just a Vader scene, but what's the deal with his hand gesture from one of the scenes in the trailer?

this one

Spoiler Spoiler:

Is there something wrong with him?

Whoa the Tie fighter and Jyn scene was cut!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it wasn't cut, it was edited in order to not spoil the movie or it was there to misled us.

She never does this in the movie.

Maybe that's why it was in the game rather than the movie, if not it'll be a huge spoiler weeks before the release of the movie.

Maybe people keep thinking of the Bothans beacuse of Mon Mothma speaking of them in ROTJ. After being on vacation during ANH.:lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, where's she supposed to be at during the original movie, then? I kinda wished they didn't have her in the movie. It would have been easier that way. They could've given Ian McElhinney more material as General Dodonna.

The only had two real issues with this movie: one, is that the first act was a little jumpy. There were lots of planets with not a lot of flow between them after the excellent opening scene, and I think that while I liked the characters well enough, a more cohesive first act could've been more effective in gaining my engagement in those characters. My second issue is that Forrest Whitaker's sacrifice wasn't really for anything... he just stayed behind, kinda for no reason. I guess he might've been too slow to get away, but it felt forced IMO.

Oh, and Tarkin's first scene was a bit off putting in terms of the uncanny valley, Leia too I think. But CG Tarkin grew on me over the course of the film.

I haven't seen the film yet, just a Vader scene, but what's the deal with his hand gesture from one of the scenes in the trailer?

this one

Spoiler Spoiler:

Is there something wrong with him?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minor spoiler below, if you don't want to know it, don't read it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

what expression do you think is on Jye's face right now?

Jye is probably a happy kitty right now.

FutICdi.png

Minor spoiler below, if you don't want to know it, don't read it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cool. :)

Back