Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED*

I may end up having to see this twice so I hope it's truly good enough to warrant it. So far it seems like it will be.....

Re: Rogue one: Spoilers confirmed! You are warned do no read these are real

Given his limited screen time I felt they did a good job with Vader. Aesthetics aside it still felt like I was watching the OT Vader.

The shot of him at the end on the ramp watching the rebels escape was great. It looked great and it just made me want to start watching ANH straight away.

meanwhile, in my neck of the woods...

giphy.gif

consider yourself lucky, me and ol' grangie have to hike 5 miles to the movie house, with our 1976 12 inch Sampo TV set. (hey it's color!). Hopefully the wild cats don't get to us.

:lol

We built the wall to keep you guys out, at least you still get Star Wars up there!

After second viewing - review...

First viewing was the midnight session with lifelong fans - everyone was "shellshocked," for a lack of a better word, because it was sooooo different to what we've known for the last (nearly) 40 years.

Second viewing was with a friend who like SW, but not a super fan. He lost his mind, and absolutely loved it! It truly knocked him out of the park. We saw it at an amazing new cinema, so the sound and visuals were stunning and a lot more immersive than the midnight screening.

For me, seeing it again and knowing what was coming, was a LOT better. I had not expectations or preconditioned ideas, and just let the experience happen - and it was awesome!

The (genuinely) happiest moment I've experienced of being a SW fan since the OT.

I thought TFA was okay, but there was as much I didn't like about it, as I did like about it. My issues with RO are all minor quips that wouldn't make me hit the "fast-forward" button at any stage.

Saying all that, I feel like we're in a parallel universe, because I still can't believe Disney had the balls to release this film. Hopefully it does really well and they continue to take chances like this.

I agree with your review. And maybe its time we all begin giving Disney its due credit instead of doubting their every step.

Saying all that, I feel like we're in a parallel universe, because I still can't believe Disney had the balls to release this film. Hopefully it does really well and they continue to take chances like this.

I think we all knew it wouldn't be a happy movie overall but there was still a part of me that thought Disney would try and 'Disney' the end result. Hopefully Episode VIII is given the same freedom.

Wrong Death Star.

Thanks, now I remember. I thought I'd missed something.

I understand folks being a little bummed about Jyn dying, but I figured this was going to be a suicide mission with few or no survivors. The only thing that might have been nice is for her or Cassian to have had a headset and been listening in on the chatter to hear that the plans had been uploaded. They could have shared a little smile right before the blast wave overtook them.

The Death Star seems even more frightening in this movie because you see what it's like from the perspective of the people on the surface. I did like the explanation of the flaw being purposefully hidden by Galen, although there is this funny little non-canon youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcRwGDKulw

Thanks, now I remember. I thought I'd missed something.

I understand folks being a little bummed about Jyn dying, but I figured this was going to be a suicide mission with few or no survivors. The only thing that might have been nice is for her or Cassian to have had a headset and been listening in on the chatter to hear that the plans had been uploaded. They could have shared a little smile right before the blast wave overtook them.

The Death Star seems even more frightening in this movie because you see what it's like from the perspective of the people on the surface. I did like the explanation of the flaw being purposefully hidden by Galen, although there is this funny little non-canon youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcRwGDKulw

Everyone seems to make that mistake. :lol

Yeah the scene on Jedha after it fired was scary.

I enjoyed that it came into orbit around Jedha upside down.

Maybe people keep thinking of the Bothans beacuse of Mon Mothma speaking of them in ROTJ. After being on vacation during ANH.:lol

I felt Krennic suffered from the same problem Jyn did: both were kind of pushed around by their counterparts (Imperials and Rebels). Jyn just kind of went with it to see Dad I guess, and Krennic just stamped his feet and went to complain to his boss.

Well you have to figure who had it worst, Krennic or Jerjerrod, Krennic had twenty years to build the first death star, Jerjerrod had four lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is visually the best star wars movie ever.
The production design, sfx, and camera work were almost perfect.
Too bad you dont care as much as you should about the heroes.
I would have done without the jedha battle and had more background on Jyn, saw and co.
Vader entrance was awesome and is actually the original scene intended by Lucas.
Storyboards from a new hope show Vader slicing trough the rebels.
The final battle seemed like a smart remake of the ROtj battle.
Really cool flick.

Now bring on the cut scenes.
A friend worked on the translation month ago for the french version, he said that Vader was there at the beggining he is the one who sliced Forest whitaker.
And as you can see from the trailers the whole final act was reworked.
Jyn can be seen running in the base and in the Sea with the hard drive, the impérial mech and cassian tagging along.

Did I imagine it or was one of the places they visited an anagram of obi wan ?

Absolutely loved it and can't wait to see it again. Tarkin was handled really well and gave much more of an insight into his murderous personal.

So, this movie = unraped my childhood?

Can't wait to find out for myself tonight

Can a childhood be unraped?

Then there's a lot of man-children that will be getting some healing this Christmas. I'm sure that feeling will return after the Han Solo movie.

Now let's see if they can reverse the effects of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with a new Indy movie.

I'm surprised Box Office Mojo hasn't given their weekend prediction yet.

I'm hearing it is expected to pull in $130 to $150 million Domestically this weekend and over $300 million worldwide.

As nice as some of Chirrut and Baze's moments were, I feel that the characters were unnecessary for the story. The time they used might have been better spent developing the other characters, whose deaths would have then been more meaningful.

After K2's, Bodhi's was the most affecting death to me. When I realised no one was going to make it out.

The character I thought people would be talking more about was General Draven. I thought he was excellent; conflicted yet committed. I'd buy a figure of him...

... but I'd really like one of the rebel ground troopers in the old school Endor helmet.

Leaving soon, I was a mess the night TFA opened and I expected it to be much easier for RO but nope, how anyone can just blow off a new SW movie is beyond my comprehension lol.

Did anyone notice the little "creatures" on a table in Saw's base ? It looked like Max Rebo and Droopy Mccool.

Weren't they physical versions of the holoboard pieces?

Back