Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16)

Anybody remember when Ang Lee's Hulk was leaked before the movie was finished? The studio replaced the original composer with Danny Elfman late into the project in almost the same way. I enjoyed the work product version more because it had the original composers music instead of Elfman's(who I like), and it had more daring choices at the time.

If i remember correctly HULK workprint had only temp music borrowed from other movies (run lola run comes to mind) :)

If i remember correctly HULK workprint had only temp music borrowed from other movies (run lola run comes to mind) :)

It had some place holder music but there was some of the composer's music in there too. The temp music was for the studio to know what kind of music he had in mind for those scenes.

I didn't care for Desplat bein' a composer and I usually don't like Giacchino's work.
Both have some scores I love but that's like 1 out of 10.
But even tho I hate Giacchino's RebooTrek score... his style is more suited for Star Wars than Desplat's.

Anybody remember Ang Lee's Hulk?
Yep.
The musical score for Hulk was composed by Danny Elfman, who scored Spider-Man the previous year. Frequent Ang Lee collaborator, Mychael Danna, was the original composer for the film. However, Danna's score was rejected by studio executives for its non-traditional approach, which featured Japanese taiko, African drumming, and Arabic singing. Elfman was then approached by Universal's president of film music, Kathy Nelson. With 37 days to compose over two hours of music, Elfman agreed out of respect to Lee. While instructing to retain much of the character of Danna's score, Lee pushed Elfman to write material that did not sound like his previous superhero scores. "They did leave some of my music in the movie," said Danna, "so the Arabic singing and some of the drumming is mine. What happened is that they panicked, they brought in Danny and he heard what I've been doing and I guess he liked it."
Tho the final soundtrack was great because it felt very Elfman-ish yet unique.

Check out Giacchino's early video game stuff, in particular the Medal of Honor soundtracks. When I first heard those over a decade ago I got a serious early-80s Williams vibe.

Completely agree, he was pretty great and those vg scores sounded very Williams inspired.
I do hope he'll do his best for SW.

Just replayed Medal of Honor actually. And the soundtrack blew me the **** away.

I'm not following the news for this but finding out that that guy is handling RO's soundtrack sounds like good news.

Good to see Ben win the Emmy tonight for Bloodline. He should have won last year too.

Hopefully the talk of him getting an Oscar Nomination for Benedict Andrews' UNA pans out.

Check out Giacchino's early video game stuff, in particular the Medal of Honor soundtracks. When I first heard those over a decade ago I got a serious early-80s Williams vibe.

Medal of Honor's soundtrack was amazing. And def felt very Williamsesque.

New image of RO Vader with the other villans
7e116f5f0684df05a1e9d9ecf7b2544f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Seriously? It really is called a Shoretrooper?

Guess they're back to using clones, can't believe it would be too easy to find candidates for Death Trooper who were all 6' 5".

At least he doesn't look like the Snoretrooper...

I like the look of the Shoretrooper...but the name. :slap

Yeah, looks cool, just location specific names getting a little overdone.

Snowtroopers and sand trooper make sense because they are two different but extreme climates and their suits might need special modifications.

But the Shore? Please.

Still sounds better than Beachtrooper and I bet $100 it was the first name they came up with.

Back