Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars stand-alone/spin-off films discussion

Like Felicity Jones, don't like Aaron Paul.

I dunno these spin-offs just feel like a cash grab

Yes they CLEARLY are and if they aren't GREAT, will tarnish the regular SW "episides" as time goes on

A good movie is a good movie. They don't need to be "special" camp outside the theater events. The more SW films that get made the more often a good one has a chance at coming along.

I kind of hate that the prequels comprise 50% of the live-action saga. I'll be glad when they are nothing but a footnote in the series.

I look forward to seeing SW films done in different styles, some without John Williams, and so on.

PT will look even worse if some new good SW films are made...they need to be erased- do you folks know how truly BAD filmaking they are???

Re: Star Wars: Rogue One - December 16, 2016

They're going to make lots of SW films. Accept it. We've got 23 Bond movies, some are awesome, some suck. That's how it is. Pick and choose what you like and what you watch. It really isn't a big deal. Nothing is going to "taint" any great films that already exist. Hell the PT doesn't even taint the OT for me, I just ignore them. Looks like we'll get 1-3 more SW movies with the original OT cast which is awesome, and then a bunch of newbies will come and inhabit the universe . Bring 'em on.

Regarding the music, I want John Williams only for the main trilogy films. For the spin-offs I'd like them to expand a bit and go with different musical styles. In the Clone Wars cartoon they've used this cool Jason Statham/secret agent-esque music which I really liked. I think that'd work well in a Bounty Hunter film.

Yes they CLEARLY are and if they aren't GREAT, will tarnish the regular SW "episides" as time goes on

Uh... No offense, but that is the stupidest argument against evolution and progression I have ever heard.

How? :lol Every franchise has good and bad films, and in no way do the bad films tarnish the good ones. Look at the Marvel Cinematic Universe, they have made 12 films and 4 tv shows in 6 year, some are good and others not so much. In the next 4 years they have 9 more films and 3 new tv shows, and are all of them going to be great? Maybe not, but it no way does it hurt the good films like Avengers or GOTG.

I knew they were doing the sequels, but they're doing spin offs as well?

I can see people getting tired of the whole universe if they keep pumping out film after film.

I feel that we're going to be smothered in Marvel, DC and Star Wars over the next 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish Edwards wasn't directing this. I'm not a fan of his. Godzilla was a horrible movie IMO.
Monsters was ok for what it was, heavily overhyped because he made it for so little.

I knew they were doing the sequels, but they're doing spin offs as well?

I can see people getting tired of the whole universe if they keep pumping out film after film.

I feel that we're going to be smothered in Marvel, DC and Star Wars over the next 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:exactly:

Too much of a good thing

And the worst part is that we'll all be forced to watch all these new movies. :( If only we lived in a society where we could pick and choose but alas.

Damn this communist country, Comrade!
shakefist.gif

I'm interested in this. I'm all for expanding the SW universe as long as the story is good. Only think I don't like is Edwards.

I know it's the internet and I get that the nature of this place is to be one big whine-fest about any and everything but we've entered the "there's too many awesome movies being made" phase? Really?

News flash: Star Wars spin-offs are nothing new. There were three live-action spin-offs in the OT era: Holiday Special with Chewie and his family, Bea Arthur in the cantina and so on plus two "Ewok Adventure" movies. Pretty much all three of those are considered garbage. Did they make SW, ESB, or ROTJ less cool? Hell no. Then there were however many total hours of Droids and Ewoks cartoons.

Then new live-action footage was shot for the Star Tours ride in 1986 or 87. Then the prequels came and we finally got a decent spin-off which was actually better than the new movies themselves: The Tartofsky micro-series. Then the Clone Wars series and now Rebels.

The "coolness" and quality of all those programs ebs and flows, some are more captivating than others but ALL OF IT is easily ignored. I still haven't watched those new Netflix CW episodes. I skipped a handful of Rebels shows and then the spectacular finale pulled me back in. I haven't watched any CW episodes in a few years now. But Harmy's trilogy is a masterpiece that I watch semi-regularly now and I'll continue to do so whether the new films or spin-offs are great or they suck.

And just like with everything that's come out so far, I'll watch, enjoy, and own the good new movies and dismiss/ignore the ones that turn out badly. It's really quite simple. There's like a hundred episodes of Breaking Bad and people love it. It happens.

So you're saying the first spin-off will be ignored by its creator from a few weeks after its shown as they pretend it never existed, the second and third spin-offs will be universally derided as juvenile trash that was only made to keep toy sales fresh? :lol

Star Wars stopped being special when the Prequels totally shot their potential to hell. So spin-off-away as far as I'm concerned.

I know it's the internet and I get that the nature of this place is to be one big whine-fest about any and everything but we've entered the "there's too many awesome movies being made" phase? Really?

News flash: Star Wars spin-offs are nothing new. There were three live-action spin-offs in the OT era: Holiday Special with Chewie and his family, Bea Arthur in the cantina and so on plus two "Ewok Adventure" movies. Pretty much all three of those are considered garbage. Did they make SW, ESB, or ROTJ less cool? Hell no. Then there were however many total hours of Droids and Ewoks cartoons.

Then new live-action footage was shot for the Star Tours ride in 1986 or 87. Then the prequels came and we finally got a decent spin-off which was actually better than the new movies themselves: The Tartofsky micro-series. Then the Clone Wars series and now Rebels.

The "coolness" and quality of all those programs ebs and flows, some are more captivating than others but ALL OF IT is easily ignored. I still haven't watched those new Netflix CW episodes. I skipped a handful of Rebels shows and then the spectacular finale pulled me back in. I haven't watched any CW episodes in a few years now. But Harmy's trilogy is a masterpiece that I watch semi-regularly now and I'll continue to do so whether the new films or spin-offs are great or they suck.

And just like with everything that's come out so far, I'll watch, enjoy, and own the good new movies and dismiss/ignore the ones that turn out badly. It's really quite simple. There's like a hundred episodes of Breaking Bad and people love it. It happens.

Great post. I can not like it enough.

By the way give the Netflix Clone Wars a watch. The last few episodes, including the Yoda ones, are really brilliant. Really enjoyed them.

Back