Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (12/16/16) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One - December 16, 2016

Such a shame they went with Gareth Edwards. Godzilla was awful. :(

Re: Star Wars stand-alone/spin-off films discussion

I dunno these spin-offs just feel like a cash grab
l604R2u.gif

Indeed. It will be interesting to see how "epic" these spin-off movies are. Marvel has each individual character saving the world by themselves in addition to joining together for the team movies. We'll see if SW follows suit.

I wonder if Rogue One will be set during the OT. THAT will be some hallowed ground to revisit.

Indeed. It will be interesting to see how "epic" these spin-off movies are. Marvel has each individual character saving the world by themselves in addition to joining together for the team movies. We'll see if SW follows suit.

I wonder if Rogue One will be set during the OT. THAT will be some hallowed ground to revisit.

Doubtful, IMO. That Rogue squadron was filled with legends like Luke and Wedge. I think this will flesh out what we get introduced to in TFA.

True. I doubt they'd want to recast a young Luke and Wedge (or come up with a movie-worthy side adventure that for some reason they were NOT involved in) when they can just set it during any of the decades after ROTJ.

Part of me loves the idea of a plethora of SW movies but I also can't help but keep in mind that if they're just going to keep popping these out like MCU and DCCU films then it's only a matter of time before we see the likes of Will Smith or Channing Tatum wandering into a SW film. And that just isn't right.

I wonder if we'll see RDJ, Johnny Depp, Chris Evans, Tom Hiddleston, etc., joining sides with the Rebellion and/or the Empire.

Last edited:

Like Felicity Jones, don't like Aaron Paul.

I dunno these spin-offs just feel like a cash grab

cash grab? How do you think business works? Disney paid 4 billion dollars for Lucasfilm... how do you expect them to make a return other than create more content?

I kinda wish they would just stick with the main "episodes." Having spin off movies sort of lessens the excitement for each additional movie, IMO.

I kinda wish they would just stick with the main "episodes." Having spin off movies sort of lessens the excitement for each additional movie, IMO.

Yeah, I wonder if they'll try the MCU "Phase" approach. Like if the Sequel Trilogy has films in 2015, 2017, and 2019 then does that mean that Rogue One in 2016 and possibly a second spin-off movie in 2018 will connect with that trilogy the way that TWS was a stepping stone to AoU?

So each "Phase" would feature five films; the three main trilogy films and then two spin-offs. Then they could at least retain some form of compartmentalization instead of just having this sprawling mess of 20+ movies.

If Rogue One can some how hang on in theaters until May 2017 then that month we'll be able to go and see TWO SW films on the big screen. :panic:

I just can't believe that in two years and two months we'll have seen THREE new SW movies. And that they might, just MIGHT all be GOOD. :thud:

Last edited:

That's why I aint touchin' HT Star Wars. It will be limitless.

Yeah, I'm thinking of staying away from that line too :lol

I don't think I will be able to pass on Han if they improve on him and in hand photos look good.

cash grab? How do you think business works? Disney paid 4 billion dollars for Lucasfilm... how do you expect them to make a return other than create more content?

Sure I understand the business side of it but when Star Wars becomes a movie each year franchise it'll become generic and inflated and no longer be special. Just my opinion

If Rogue One can some how hang on in theaters until May 2017 then that month we'll be able to go and see TWO SW films on the big screen. :panic:

I just can't believe that in two years and two months we'll have seen THREE new SW movies. And that they might, just MIGHT all be GOOD. :thud:

I know, right?! :panic::panic::panic: :lol

Sure I understand the business side of it but when Star Wars becomes a movie each year franchise it'll become generic and inflated and no longer be special. Just my opinion

A good movie is a good movie. They don't need to be "special" camp outside the theater events. The more SW films that get made the more often a good one has a chance at coming along.

I kind of hate that the prequels comprise 50% of the live-action saga. I'll be glad when they are nothing but a footnote in the series.

I look forward to seeing SW films done in different styles, some without John Williams, and so on.

Last edited:

A good movie is a good movie. They don't need to be "special" camp outside the theater events. The more SW films that get made the more often a good one has a chance at coming along.

I kind of hate that the prequels comprise 50% of the live-action saga. I'll be glad when they are nothing but a footnote in the series.

I look forward to seeing SW films done in different styles,some without John Williams, and so on.

Never! :horror Sacrilege!

Back