Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol :lol

Just out of curiosity folks, what has the general vibe been like in the cinemas over there in the States while watching this movie?

Bad? Good? 50/50?

It seemed like most of my theatre liked the movie when it ended. Only problem is that there was about 25 people at the movie.

Same in this part of the world. :)

The good thing was everyone clapped at the end, so, I am guessing each of those 25 liked it.

Mine was filled last night and there was actually a few claps at the end. The crowd also seemed pretty upbeat instead of

wtf.gif

when it was all said and done.

Didn't want to see this film after seeing the new suit for the first time. Gave it a chance anyhow and hated all of it, except those rare moments when you could hear the original score. Didn't like that Batman suit in either color, didn't like his agility, and especially didn't like that he tasered his opponents instead of blasting them into oblivion! This movie has almost no momentum. It takes whole 65 minutes before he even gets out on the street. And that's more than 50% of the movie. When he finally is being loosed on the criminal world, the most we see is Batman, er, Robocop on his Batpod, oops, Robocycle, driving around. The action sequences are so fast, you cannot comprehend the whole scene at once, and when you finally do, the scene is over. The cast is a complete waste of talent, and the characters couldn't be more 2-dimensional.

I'm sorry, I just can't find anything good in this movie for myself, except Basil's score which I can also hear when watching the original, so...

I tried, it failed. Horribly.

Didn't want to see this film after seeing the new suit for the first time. Gave it a chance anyhow and hated all of it, except those rare moments when you could hear the original score. Didn't like that Batman suit in either color, didn't like his agility, and especially didn't like that he tasered his opponents instead of blasting them into oblivion! This movie has almost no momentum. It takes whole 65 minutes before he even gets out on the street. And that's more than 50% of the movie. When he finally is being loosed on the criminal world, the most we see is Batman, er, Robocop on his Batpod, oops, Robocycle, driving around. The action sequences are so fast, you cannot comprehend the whole scene at once, and when you finally do, the scene is over. The cast is a complete waste of talent, and the characters couldn't be more 2-dimensional.

I'm sorry, I just can't find anything good in this movie for myself, except Basil's score which I can also hear when watching the original, so...

I tried, it failed. Horribly.

Okay, you didn't like it. To each his own. However, your post is very mischaracterizing. He tased what, three guys total? An unarmed senior citizen, a drug lord who inadvertently blew himself up after being tased, and an OCP security guard. Compared to over 20 dudes he actually did blow away, including an unarmed suspect out of spite.

I really hope we get an R-rated version on the blu-ray.

Last edited:
Saw this yesterday in IMAX, I enjoyed it. It had some smart elements, cool action and I enjoyed the acting and characters. They tried to do there own thing. Its not perfect, and clearly not as good as the original but a cool movie. It had a lot of heart to. People still blasting it and not giving it a chance in the cinema are missing out I think.

I liked the cast, good actors mixed in with some forgettable ones. The suit looked awesome IMO, He looks so big and powerful. At first The black suit didn't appeal to me, only the silver but in the end, both looked awesome. The action and effects were really well done to, ED-209's were impressive. The political stuff in the story was a good way to change things up.

It suffers a little from editing/pacing issues. 95% of movies now are like this, there either to short and not enough is explained or to long and its over explained.

I liked the family stuff, they made it work

I enjoyed Robocop and I hope to see a sequel!

Last edited:
Oh man, have I got something to tell you then. The theater my wife and I watched Robocop in was the same one that THIS happened in a month ago: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...hapel-florida-shooting-movie-theater/4457907/

And yet people were still texting like crazy while waiting for the movie to start.

lol lol lol.
It's a great feeling coming out of a theater alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol

That and gore, blood, cursing and pervasive drug-use. It'll probably never happen.

I want a Robocop movie with the violence of the modern Rambo movie. :lol

I enjoyed Robocop and I hope to see a sequel!

Agreed. Hopefully it'll make enough worldwide to greenlight at least one more. I want to see him have his own Robocain to fight. :)

The original can co-exist with this one, though I'm sure a lot of people who blasted this one far in advance will never admit as much.

Agreed. Hopefully it'll make enough worldwide to greenlight at least one more. I want to see him have his own Robocain to fight. :)

The original can co-exist with this one, though I'm sure a lot of people who blasted this one far in advance will never admit as much.

You of all people could have been bitterly opposed to the new film. Haven't you spoken before about how you think the original Robocop could be even better than The Terminator? Or T2 maybe you said.

Back