Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apart from bits & pieces on the webs, there's not much I remember about it except for the actual Cain robot.

You make some good observations about it, but I kind of vowed that I'd not go down the bad sequel road on principle. Then I found the Schumacher Batman films cheap at a local mall - the 2 disc sets, & that went out the window. :lol I feel so dirty.. :monkey4

Still - there's a whole bunch I've managed to avoid. Of course watching stuff is different to actually buying it. :lol

Like I said, RC2 isn't necessary and doesn't come remotely close to matching the original but the final act alone is hella fun and Robo's shiny blue suit looks awesome throughout.

You could certainly do worse with your time but I wouldn't fault you for sticking with the original and nothing more. It pretty much has a perfect beginning, middle, and end. You can't ask for much more than that. :D

Jye picks this:

1242926205_keyboard_cat.gif

:lol

God RoboCop is so bad. It's like they made a conscious effort to **** all over the first film. The suit was blue, Cain's brain in a jar? Dr. Faxx can go **** herself.

The thing with RoboCop 2 for me is that with the Murphy/Cyborg you're drawn to him as soon as he removes the helmet, you can connect to his humanity. With RoboCain the lack of a physical resemblance to Cain, his identity being a basically a graphic on a screen rather than something physical really takes something from the overall film.

Anyone who thinks the original isn't a classic needs to go back in his/her room and put their Tango and Cash blu ray back in and keep the door shut!

Back