Robocop (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m writing this to tell you to relax. Seriously, breathe, and stop wanting to hate this movie before you even give it a chance. This film does not have the hyper-violence of the original, nor the comedic quotability of the Verheoven classic. It won’t replace the 1989 film, and GUESS WHAT: It doesn’t try to. It’s a new interpretation of the character that is faithful to the essence of what the original concept of the character was.

This “reboot” (and I really hate to label this as such) is a sophisticated take on the story of Alex Murphy. What GORE this movie lacks in it’s PG13-Rating, it more than compensates in substance over style. This is a much, much more psychological version in which emotional acting and intelligent writing takes priority over realistically brutal executions.
Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=87365#bvdAtom8s7yjViV6.99

"1989 film." :slap

"The original was all about brutal executions over intelligent writing." :slap :slap

Please more of these retardedly incompetent "reviews", I'm in a bad mood and need a good laugh.

Review -- :lol

That's probably one of the worst attempts I've ever read to get people to see a movie.

I once again watched the end of the commonly dismissed RoboCop 2 and one new thing I noticed that was pretty cool:

When Robocain is out obliterating all the cops, ambulances, reporters, old ladies crossing the street, etc., he starts scanning the crowd for RoboCop with a picture in picture image of him up in his HUD. The thing is, the picture of RoboCop is actually from a few scenes earlier when Cain was advancing on him inside the exhibition hall.

That means they literally filmed those sequences in order and remembered to retain the perfect still that Cain would have naturally captured, OR if they filmed them out of order they remembered to respect continuity and go back and paste the earlier still into Cain's HUD.

I know most people hate that movie but there are just so many little touches that I love.

Last edited:
I once again watched the end of the commonly dismissed RoboCop 2 and one new thing I noticed that was pretty cool:

When Robocain is out obliterating all the cops, ambulances, reporters, old ladies crossing the street, etc., he starts scanning the crowd for RoboCop with a picture in picture image of him up in his HUD. The thing is, the picture of RoboCop is actually from a few scenes earlier when Cain was advancing on him inside the exhibition hall.

That means they literally filmed those sequences in order and remembered to retain the perfect still that Cain would have naturally captured, OR if they filmed them out of order they remembered to respect continuity and go back and paste the earlier still into Cain's HUD.

I know most people hate that movie but there are just so many little touches that I love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_Supervisor :wink1:

For sure. But it didn't cross the line until RISES.

True, but they were double-dutching it with TDK. :lol

Robocop 2 was very fixable.

1) It needed Basil Poledouris' to score the music again. I can't say anything nice about Leonard Rosenman's soundtrack.
2) There are two characters that I found irritating, Dr. Faxx and Hob. I'm not sure how much of what bugs me is writing or casting. Dr. Faxx and her antics sideline the main story so in her case I'll blame Miller's script.
3) It lives in the first movie's shadow. I feel like all the best stuff in this movie is a re-hash. Miller doesn't expand much. Cain/RC2 is the best original creation.
4) The open ending was a shameless sequel tease. What don't they just throw up a title card telling me to go by my ticket now for Robocop 3?

All of these were fixable. Robocop 2 is not a total pile of sh--, there was potential.

Robocop 2 was very fixable.

1) It needed Basil Poledouris' to score the music again. I can't say anything nice about Leonard Rosenman's soundtrack.
2) There are two characters that I found irritating, Dr. Faxx and Hob. I'm not sure how much of what bugs me is writing or casting. Dr. Faxx and her antics sideline the main story so in her case I'll blame Miller's script.
3) It lives in the first movie's shadow. I feel like all the best stuff in this movie is a re-hash. Miller doesn't expand much. Cain/RC2 is the best original creation.
4) The open ending was a shameless sequel tease. What don't they just throw up a title card telling me to go by my ticket now for Robocop 3?

All of these were fixable. Robocop 2 is not a total pile of sh--, there was potential.

I actually kind of like that it appears content to live in the shadow of the first. No screwing with the "mythos" or turning anything on its side. Just 90 extra minutes of Peter Weller being an awesome RoboCop. It's like it knows the first film was perfect (unlike some other RoboCop films out there...) and just wants to allow fans to have fun with some extra cyber-carnage. It doesn't pull any punches, is way over the top, and I like that just fine.

Totally unnecessary but inoffensive and fun. It's pretty crappy in a lot parts but somehow doesn't taint the original in any way, IMO.

I haven't seen '2' in years. :lol

I should at least give it one more watch.

You really should. Imagine watching Die Hard and then having a cybernetic King Kong come bursting out of the lobby of Nakatomi Plaza and start blowing the hell out of all the cops, reporters, and their RV's. That's basically the finale of RC2. :lol

Apart from bits & pieces on the webs, there's not much I remember about it except for the actual Cain robot.

You make some good observations about it, but I kind of vowed that I'd not go down the bad sequel road on principle. Then I found the Schumacher Batman films cheap at a local mall - the 2 disc sets, & that went out the window. :lol I feel so dirty.. :monkey4

Still - there's a whole bunch I've managed to avoid. Of course watching stuff is different to actually buying it. :lol

You really should. Imagine watching Die Hard and then having a cybernetic King Kong come bursting out of the lobby of Nakatomi Plaza and start blowing the hell out of all the cops, reporters, and their RV's. That's basically the finale of RC2. :lol

:thwak Comparing that trash to Die Hard? :nono

Back