Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN (Coming 10/19/2007)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IrishJedi said:
Wait. He's ditching the Theme song now??? That's not cool at all. :(
yeah I was thinkin the same thing.
At least the overall forecast of the film is al ittle better now though

IrishJedi said:
Wait. He's ditching the Theme song now??? That's not cool at all. :(

I agree, that's a load of bull**** right there, I'm not skeptical of how good this film will or won't be, since the justification for dropping the theme was that it wouldn't fit with the movie now, it worked perfect before, so if it won't work now, this must be significantly different.

Laurie only in the last third? Loomis looking for a book deal?? Sympathetic hospital workers??? No use of the Halloween theme???!!!

Yeah, Zombie can do whatever he wants because I won't be paying to see this one. This still sounds like a load of crap. :monkey4

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Laurie only in the last third? Loomis looking for a book deal?? Sympathetic hospital workers??? No use of the Halloween theme???!!!

Yeah, Zombie can do whatever he wants because I won't be paying to see this one. This still sounds like a load of crap. :monkey4

Laurie is going to have a tough side to her... something that she (character wise) doesn't need.

This movie (as a remake) is a mistake!!! It should have been just another Halloween.

I just have to throw my 2 cents in on this topic. From the very begininng I have been opposed to Rob Zombie making a Halloween Remake. The Original has stood the test of time and should never have been even considered being remade. But Hollywood has been notorious for this kind of thing and Halloween is no different. Zombie has said that its not a Remake so to speak but its just another veiw on Michael Meyers. Another veiw? Like we need one for gods sake. Why Hollywood cant leave the Original Horror classics alone is beyond me. I wont pass judgement on Robs Halloween until I see it which wont be until it hits dvd. But I will say this and thats that it wont touch the original in my book. Not in any shape or form. Halloween should not have been remade but another sequal, a good sequal along the lines of H20 should have been done. But thats just my view.

:emperor

Update from Rob himself.... From his Myspace page.... Keep the faith guys!

RobZombie said:
"theme music"

Just curious why is everybody crying about the theme music suddenly. I never said I wasn't using it. You all have to stop freak out about every bull**** story you read

:rock:rock:rock:rock

Well, I for one will see this movie because:
1. I love horror movies
2. Halloween has been one my favorites for the last 20+ years
3. I love Rob Zombie and really loved Devil's Rejects and am excited to see what he will do with this
4. If it sucks - no biggie, I still have the original that I can watch whenever I want and I will only appreciate it more. :D

steve1971 said:
I just have to throw my 2 cents in on this topic. From the very begininng I have been opposed to Rob Zombie making a Halloween Remake. The Original has stood the test of time and should never have been even considered being remade. But Hollywood has been notorious for this kind of thing and Halloween is no different. Zombie has said that its not a Remake so to speak but its just another veiw on Michael Meyers. Another veiw? Like we need one for gods sake. Why Hollywood cant leave the Original Horror classics alone is beyond me. I wont pass judgement on Robs Halloween until I see it which wont be until it hits dvd. But I will say this and thats that it wont touch the original in my book. Not in any shape or form. Halloween should not have been remade but another sequal, a good sequal along the lines of H20 should have been done. But thats just my view.

:emperor

this was beautiful man. Brought a tear to my eye. :monkey2

Now I had no idea the theme song was getting replaced in the movie. I mean a remake doesnt bother me all that much, as long as it retains some of the classic feel. But to downright replace something so timeless like that theme song just for the sake of being different is going to alienate many halloween fans like myself. :monkey2

Blu-Vapor00725 said:
Now I had no idea the theme song was getting replaced in the movie. I mean a remake doesnt bother me all that much, as long as it retains some of the classic feel. But to downright replace something so timeless like that theme song just for the sake of being different is going to alienate many halloween fans like myself. :monkey2

you need to read a few more posts before yours and you will see that it is still in the movie. :)

Jen said:
you need to read a few more posts before yours and you will see that it is still in the movie. :)

I'm sorry, I just got the impression that it was removed, because of the post I read earlier. But now I'm glad that it will be part of the movie. :D

Blu-Vapor00725 said:
I'm sorry, I just got the impression that it was removed, because of the post I read earlier. But now I'm glad that it will be part of the movie. :D
No need to apologize!!!! I too am glad that it's in the movie...Halloween wouldn't be Halloween without it. :)

MaulFan said:
What are you talking about, the theme song is totally removed from the film.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
They were thinking of redoing the theme song and shelved the idea....Zombie NEVER said he was taking the theme song out of the movie...sounds more like he is using the original version.

Last edited:
Back