Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN (Coming 10/19/2007)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Michael Myers has been cast !!!!

Oh KNOES!!!!

People thought casting baby faced Thomas Jane was dumb. But he got pumped and OWNED the Punisher character.

After Rejects, I have faith in Zombie!

This may have already been stated here, but Danielle Harris (Jamie from parts 4 & 5) is rumored to have the part as Laurie Strode. That definitely is good news, for it looks like they are not going after the next flavor of the week for the role. I do think Zombie has some talent, so the glass is half full for me at this point.

As for remakes, I will hold all judgement until I actually see it. I loved the Dawn of the Dead remake, and I still hold the original in high regard as a classic. Other film remakes that I loved were The Fly, The Thing (quasi remake) and to an extent Texas Chainsaw. But on the other end of the spectrum you have abortions like The Fog, When a Stranger Calls and Psycho.

You never really know until you see it on the screen. I am the biggest Halloween fan in the world, so even if the remake sucks arse it will not take away at all from the original. After all, ANYTHING is better than Halloween: The Attach of Busta Rhymes.

TheObsoleteMan said:
That would be cool.

Agreed. I think she will be able to show some good acting chops, and maybe this gets her back on the map. She's not too bad on the eyes either...

Blake said:
This may have already been stated here, but Danielle Harris (Jamie from parts 4 & 5) is rumored to have the part as Laurie Strode. That definitely is good news, for it looks like they are not going after the next flavor of the week for the role. I do think Zombie has some talent, so the glass is half full for me at this point.

As for remakes, I will hold all judgement until I actually see it. I loved the Dawn of the Dead remake, and I still hold the original in high regard as a classic. Other film remakes that I loved were The Fly, The Thing (quasi remake) and to an extent Texas Chainsaw. But on the other end of the spectrum you have abortions like The Fog, When a Stranger Calls and Psycho.

You never really know until you see it on the screen. I am the biggest Halloween fan in the world, so even if the remake sucks arse it will not take away at all from the original. After all, ANYTHING is better than Halloween: The Attach of Busta Rhymes.

Man, I agree with every single word you just said!! And anything is better than Halloween: The Attach of Busta Rhymes.... God was Resurrection terrible....

DarkArtist81 said:
Man, I agree with every single word you just said!! And anything is better than Halloween: The Attach of Busta Rhymes.... God was Resurrection terrible....

I agree as well. The beginning of the movie had an interesting premise the way it continued H20 (which I actually didn't mind...I only liked 1, 2, and H2O anyways). But the moment they threw the reality TV storyline, the movie went downhill. It went even further when we see Mr. Kung Fu Busta Rhymes and Tyra Banks in this installment (neither can act). It had me scratching my head trying to figure out what they were thinking...

Nitro said:
I agree as well. The beginning of the movie had an interesting premise the way it continued H20 (which I actually didn't mind...I only liked 1, 2, and H2O anyways). But the moment they threw the reality TV storyline, the movie went downhill. It went even further when we see Mr. Kung Fu Busta Rhymes and Tyra Banks in this installment (neither can act). It had me scratching my head trying to figure out what they were thinking...

Yeah, I agree as well... The mask wasn't all that bad and the beginning the story had you thinking it might be ok.... But it all went downhill pretty fast after that.

Re: Michael Myers has been cast !!!!

DouglasMcc said:
No offense, but unless they use that nifty re-animator from Torchwood, there can never be another "Loomis" because I don't see there ever being another actor with Donald Pleasence's intensity and facial expressions. What made Doctor Loomis in that movie was his presence and sense of panic/ intensity. I can see McDowell pulling that off. Can you think of any other elder actor capable of pulling that off?

As for Tyler Mane, its obvious Zombie is going for a huge presence, not the next Al Pacino. And it very well could work. I still think Kane Hodder is the best Jason. However, I doubt he could act his way out of a paper bag without the mask and if given actual lines. Making Micheal bigger doesn't necessarily ruin the movie.

I will state up front that I do not see a point to remake the movie. However, I am willing to give it a chance. Zombie's House (ooh, Zombie directing a medical drama .. that sounds interesting :lol ) was crap in my opinion. However, The Devil's Rejects (which I only watched because my friends out-voted me on movie night) was a great film - not a classic, but still highly entertaining. Based on it, I will give Halloween the benefit of the doubt. It COULD work... but who know if it actually will.

P.S. The FOG remake was pure excrement. In my adult life, I have only walked out of a theater 3 times and the FOG was one of those times.

Okay, just read this on Ain't It Cool:

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/31221

I have to take back much of the leeway I was planning to give Zombie on this remake IF this script turns out to be the filming script. I can handle some changes but 3 things stick out as plain stupid:

1. First half of the movie focused on Kid Micheal - Sorry, but the reviewer has a point. If you spend half the movie turning him into the stereotypical serial killer, you kill the character in my eyes. It also changes Loomis from a man who is dealing with evil and how it changes his perceptions on the world to... well, an old man fixated on another run-a-the-mill killer. Really bad idea.
2. Adult, masked Micheal talking - This has nothing to do with Tyler Mane's acting ... or lack of acting if it be so. Its the fact that, once again, it kills the spirit of the character. By the time we reach Micheal as an adult, he is no longer human in my eyes ... just a soulless killing machine. Soulless killing machines don't need to talk ... well, unless they are Freddy Krueger.
3. (S)illy(H)ackjob(I)diotic(T)reatment mask - Read between the lines to get the real message :D No, that's not a comment about the Shatner mask ... just read the article and you will understand. That concept really sounds like the script is one of those Scary Movie/ Epic Movie spoof attempts. God, what could Zombie be thinking!?!

I still like the idea of McDowell as Loomis. But that's all that's left to intrigue me about this. And, at this point, that's not enough.

I'll still go and see the movie, if anything to give it a chance. But I really hope it doesn't have the dead animal masterbation scene or him talking as an adult. That just kills the character IMO. I'll still take it into consideration and see if Zombie can make me believe that, but the core character of Michael should stay the same.

That's like remaking Nightmare on Elm street and having Freddy be a mute that actually survived the burning and now kills the children of the parents who burned him, while they are AWAKE. :monkey4

The reason they are able to make crappy movie after crappy movie is because the character of Michael Myers is so bad ass that a lot of us don't care that the movie is crappy. If they change Michael into a crappy character, and deliver a crappy movie, it will kill the franchise.

I'm really hoping this leaked script is a fake.

Kabukiman said:
The reason they are able to make crappy movie after crappy movie is because the character of Michael Myers is so bad ass that a lot of us don't care that the movie is crappy. If they change Michael into a crappy character, and deliver a crappy movie, it will kill the franchise.

I'm really hoping this leaked script is a fake.

Well, I doubt it's a fake script since Zombie never challenges it in his reply. My only hint of hope is that he called it a very early draft. Here's hoping he came to his sense and eliminating at least the feeling masks and adult Micheal talking. Those are definitely deal-breakers for me.

DouglasMcc said:
Well, I doubt it's a fake script since Zombie never challenges it in his reply. My only hint of hope is that he called it a very early draft. Here's hoping he came to his sense and eliminating at least the feeling masks and adult Micheal talking. Those are definitely deal-breakers for me.

Yeah, same here.... That just makes me severely depressed... It's like having a Jason remake where Jason was a skinny good looking boy with a facial scar that he was picked on for. :lol

After nearly being drown in the Lake by his tormentors he witnesses his mother being raped and killed by councilors. He vows revenge, stalking the woods wearing a Baseball Catcher's mask and killing all who enter....

Oh yeah... and he talks... a LOT. :rotfl

Although I don't like some of the things I have heard, I will pass judgement until I see the movie. I have faith in Zombie, and even if it sucks, the original is still the greatest movie ever made.

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, same here.... That just makes me severely depressed... It's like having a Jason remake where Jason was a skinny good looking boy with a facial scar that he was picked on for. :lol

After nearly being drown in the Lake by his tormentors he witnesses his mother being raped and killed by councilors. He vows revenge, stalking the woods wearing a Baseball Catcher's mask and killing all who enter....

Oh yeah... and he talks... a LOT. :rotfl
That sounds awesome. It would add so much depth to his character. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

29445largeqo6.jpg

New costume gets the thumb's up from me, what say you?

Back