Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN (Coming 10/19/2007)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends. Jason is supposed to be believable to have died and then come back and be unstoppable. Freddy a being that lives in dreams is assumed to be unstoppable but then is always stopped. Michael Myers being the human personified version of evil and maybe in death finally releases this evil and has it possess the body completely now that "Michael is dead" would be as viable a story as anything thrown at Freddy or Jason. Michael Myers is a great character that I think isn't given much imagination....

The one thing that really bothers me about H20 is, it's to have taken place post H2, so his hands should reflect a dude that was engulfed in fire like sequels 4-6. As for H20 and H4, both of them share a factor that is tought to swallow; WHY oh WHY would any costume company choose or be allowed to make a plain white face mask after what Michael did. And even if that were to happen, how in the hell would it ever be allowed to end up in a store in Haddonfield; they're willing to ban Halloween in town after 5 but a mask gets back in stores for 4. Well, they're movies so you can't look at them that way, but I'm human and sometimes I do lol.

The one thing that really bothers me about H20 is, it's to have taken place post H2, so his hands should reflect a dude that was engulfed in fire like sequels 4-6. As for H20 and H4, both of them share a factor that is tought to swallow; WHY oh WHY would any costume company choose or be allowed to make a plain white face mask after what Michael did. And even if that were to happen, how in the hell would it ever be allowed to end up in a store in Haddonfield; they're willing to ban Halloween in town after 5 but a mask gets back in stores for 4. Well, they're movies so you can't look at them that way, but I'm human and sometimes I do lol.

Ya no kiddin, good point. Iv'e come to realize that writers for a Horror film are not in the same caliber as one of lets say the Usual Suspects or The Shawshank Redemption but how could Halloween have such weak writers for such a long period of time?

Why not start the begginning of part IV of him breaking out, hijacking the Ambulance, and accidentally stumbling across a freak fan that kept the exact same replica and sort of worships Myers. Would this be any worse than finding a mask in the same town he tormented 10 years earlier?

Just a thought.

Um ok no, Halloween 3 was the worst so far and will always be

Your opinion.

Season of the Witch had nothing to do with Myers, but was a decent flick. And yes, it is more enjoyable than 4-6 and the remake. And it is waaaaaaaaaaay better than that resurection bull****.

I'm not a huge Halloween fan, but I've always enjoyed "origin" stories. However everything and everyone was so incredibly unpleasant in this film that it was difficult to sit through. I was also waiting for a supernatural connection - making Michael just an incredibly big run-of-the-mill psychopath kind of shortchanges the entire mythology.

Going by the somewhat originality of the beginning of the movie, I think happened was Zombie was creating his own big slasher guy, got the offer to do Halloween, then changed parts of that character to Michael Myers and rehashed the original Halloween ending.

For me, Myers story is Halloween 1, 2 and H20.

If any Halloween needs to be remade, it's H20. The story was good, but Michael was small, the mask was crap, and the score was terrible.

H20 was a huge opportunity wasted, imo.

Your opinion.

Season of the Witch had nothing to do with Myers, but was a decent flick. And yes, it is more enjoyable than 4-6 and the remake. And it is waaaaaaaaaaay better than that resurection bull****.

Going by the somewhat originality of the beginning of the movie, I think happened was Zombie was creating his own big slasher guy, got the offer to do Halloween, then changed parts of that character to Michael Myers and rehashed the original Halloween ending.

For me, Myers story is Halloween 1, 2 and H20.

not hardly and that is fact not opinion but I agree with you on the Myers story being 1, 2 and H20

Your opinion.

agreed. For what it is H:III is a great little story with way more Halloween atmosphere than 4-6.

There was a Halloween III????? I mentaly blocked 3 thru h20! The only thing I remember is a blonde with big ....:monkey3

Back