Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN (Coming 10/19/2007)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Michael Myers has been cast !!!!

HAH Not at all SURPRISED either! Zombie can't direct! I like some of his older music, but "House" was just a 1 1/2 hour long music video and "Devils Rejects" was a remake of every 70's shock grindhouse flick, and a bad one at that. I know there are a lot of fans of his movies here, I'm sorry, this is just my opinion, but come on, 1-a director who isn't too great and 2- A REMAKE! = Disaster. It's the law.

It's a non-speaking part with little to no facial expressions either. Who cares who's behind the mask? They just need someone with a good build. But I could care less because I'm completely protesting the continued rape of good Hollywood movies.

And I am now officially finished with this new Halloween.

Y'know, I had initial high hopes for this film. Then, the casting sheet came out, and the little details started to irk me...specifically the idea of Michael Myers masturbating to dead animals. Then, Malcolm McDowell as Loomis. He's a good, creepy actor, but he's not Loomis.

But Tyler Mane??!?!?! Good heavens, why not just cast Kane?!!!!!

This is truly disappointing.

Guess this will end up being just as good as the remake of The Fog...

Darth Loki said:
It's a non-speaking part with little to no facial expressions either. Who cares who's behind the mask? They just need someone with a good build.
my thoughts exactly

Sith Lord 0498 said:

Y'know, I had initial high hopes for this film. Then, the casting sheet came out, and the little details started to irk me...specifically the idea of Michael Myers masturbating to dead animals. Then, Malcolm McDowell as Loomis. He's a good, creepy actor, but he's not Loomis.

What are you talking about, the Fog was AWESOME!!!!:lol

I guess they're trying to make Michael Myers into Jason. As long as they keep the mask on him and he doesn't speak, it'll probably be alright.

And yes, he sucked a bit fat one as Sabretooth.

Isn't he a bit big for Myers he is something like 6'10" or around that Myers was never nearly 7 feet tall.

Myers should not be that tall. The best part of Halloween 2 is when they kill the teenagers who are dressed as Myers.

jimmyjamesf said:
Isn't he a bit big for Myers he is something like 6'10" or around that Myers was never nearly 7 feet tall.
Yeah, imdb lists him at 6'10" which does seem tall for Myers.

Sith Lord 0498 said:

No offense, but unless they use that nifty re-animator from Torchwood, there can never be another "Loomis" because I don't see there ever being another actor with Donald Pleasence's intensity and facial expressions. What made Doctor Loomis in that movie was his presence and sense of panic/ intensity. I can see McDowell pulling that off. Can you think of any other elder actor capable of pulling that off?

As for Tyler Mane, its obvious Zombie is going for a huge presence, not the next Al Pacino. And it very well could work. I still think Kane Hodder is the best Jason. However, I doubt he could act his way out of a paper bag without the mask and if given actual lines. Making Micheal bigger doesn't necessarily ruin the movie.

I will state up front that I do not see a point to remake the movie. However, I am willing to give it a chance. Zombie's House (ooh, Zombie directing a medical drama .. that sounds interesting :lol ) was crap in my opinion. However, The Devil's Rejects (which I only watched because my friends out-voted me on movie night) was a great film - not a classic, but still highly entertaining. Based on it, I will give Halloween the benefit of the doubt. It COULD work... but who know if it actually will.

P.S. The FOG remake was pure excrement. In my adult life, I have only walked out of a theater 3 times and the FOG was one of those times.

It may be a good movie, who knows. It may be a total bomb on the other hand. I think that it deserves a chance though.

since it was announced as being a total new vision of the original, Im still expecting more differences. The Myers height difference seems minimal so far

occulum said:
since it was announced as being a total new vision of the original, Im still expecting more differences. The Myers height difference seems minimal so far
True. I like Zombie so I will probably go see this despite all the differences. Has it been confirmed whether or not the will still be using the original theme?

theres no telling.
My frosted side says "How could they make a Halloween movie without the original theme?"
My wheaty side says "Don't attach that iconic track to a f'n remake!"

.. Im torn

DouglasMcc said:
What made Doctor Loomis in that movie was his presence and sense of panic/ intensity. I can see McDowell pulling that off.

IMO, McDowell is just too intense. The way he plays many of his characters...either they become far too campy or villainous. Personally, I think the filmmakers pushed Donald Pleasance's portrayal of Loomis too far into campiness by the time Halloween 4-6 came around.

Loomis was always over the top, but in a good way. McDowell seems like a perfect choice to me.

ummm..... this movie is gonna be crap. im still gonna see it though. :D now when the hell are they gonna make a Halloween dvd box set??? (U.S. release, not the import)

I'll see it regardless of what news I hear. Yeah, Mane is not who I would have imagined.... But you never know if it will be good or not until you see it. I'm ready for anything.

And yes the original theme WILL be in the movie, just a slight remix. You can change the movie, but that theme IS Halloween. Just like Bond would not be right without his theme. I'm still excited, though a little pensive now....

Back