Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN (Coming 10/19/2007)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jen said:
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
They were thinking of redoing the theme song and shelved the idea....Zombie NEVER said he was taking the theme song out of the movie...sounds more like he is using the original version.

I don't know where you're getting that impression, this is from the MTV interview article:

One final change might just be the most controversial of them all: The dropping of the famous "Halloween" theme composed by Carpenter. "The plan was at some point to [remake it], to change it around," Zombie said, revealing that it has since been shelved. "The actual way it sounds now doesn't really work with what we're doing."

They've dropped plans to use it at all, he doesn't feel it fits with his version.

Sounds like Zombie is backpeddling after negative reactions, and he's trying to save face by discrediting the interview.

Or he just can't get his story straight.

Or MTV can't.

Who knows with this movie anymore... :rolleyes:

What information is giving people the idea that the MTV information isn't correct, can you share a link or something.

MaulFan said:
I don't know where you're getting that impression, this is from the MTV interview article:

One final change might just be the most controversial of them all: The dropping of the famous "Halloween" theme composed by Carpenter. "The plan was at some point to [remake it], to change it around," Zombie said, revealing that it has since been shelved. "The actual way it sounds now doesn't really work with what we're doing."

They've dropped plans to use it at all, he doesn't feel it fits with his version.

From what I've read on myspace and other blogs...it is the REMAKE that didn't really work....and they are back to using the original...but who the f*ck knows...unless someone has a direct connection to Zombie this is all heresay.

Jen said:
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
They were thinking of redoing the theme song and shelved the idea....Zombie NEVER said he was taking the theme song out of the movie...sounds more like he is using the original version.

:rock:rock

I totally agree with what you said earlier about the film.... No matter what, we always have the classic version!

And for all those who missed it.... Rob was pretty miffed about MTV misquoting him, as seen in his blog. Yes... Rob's ACTUAL Halloween Myspace page. :lol

AND THIS MOVIE WILL HAVE THE THEME!!!

:D

DarkArtist81 said:
:rock:rock

I totally agree with what you said earlier about the film.... No matter what, we always have the classic version!

And for all those who missed it.... Rob was pretty miffed about MTV misquoting him, as seen in his blog. Yes... Rob's ACTUAL Halloween Myspace page. :lol

AND THIS MOVIE WILL HAVE THE THEME!!!

:D
rockstar.gif
rockstar.gif
rockstar.gif

Jen said:
Here's the link to Rob Zombie's myspace Halloween blog
https://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?...&MyToken=9b2f5f4d-b80d-4080-848c-0285eab4c176

Perhaps he is back pedaling...or perhaps MTV misquoted him...wouldn't be the first time (or the last) MTV screwed up.

Thanks for the link, I'm not a myspace follower and things so I miss these types of resources. I think this film has the potential to be a good movie, for me I look at it like the American version of Godzilla, is it a Godzilla movie, far from it, but it does have some great stuff in it as a giant monster lizard movie. I look at this film the same, will it be Halloween as we've come to know it, no, but I think it has potential to be a cool movie, and the use of a Shatnerish mask and hopefully the classic theme will make it worth our while. I especially like that they shot in the same town as the original, and knowing some of the cast members from previous works, I think they made some good choices there. I've never seen a Rob Zombie film so I don't know if any real named actors were brought in on them, but Malcom is a a talented actor and I think he'll creat a good Loomis.

MaulFan said:
Thanks for the link, I'm not a myspace follower and things so I miss these types of resources. I think this film has the potential to be a good movie, for me I look at it like the American version of Godzilla, is it a Godzilla movie, far from it, but it does have some great stuff in it as a giant monster lizard movie. I look at this film the same, will it be Halloween as we've come to know it, no, but I think it has potential to be a cool movie, and the use of a Shatnerish mask and hopefully the classic theme will make it worth our while. I especially like that they shot in the same town as the original, and knowing some of the cast members from previous works, I think they made some good choices there. I've never seen a Rob Zombie film so I don't know if any real named actors were brought in on them, but Malcom is a a talented actor and I think he'll creat a good Loomis.

I agree with everything you said. And I understand Rob wanting to make something different and the pressure he must be going through trying to make something fresh and is own. But its just sad something so great has to be taken out in the process. Thats if the article in question is true.

Thanks for the pics!! I loved the original...but I am getting really psyched up to see what Zombie does with this...those images of Michael give me the chills....knowing Zombie's work (which I love) I don't think I'm going to be disappointed. I'm strictly going to judge this movie on it's own merits...it would be foolish of me to hold it up to the original.

Jen said:
Well, I for one will see this movie because:
1. I love horror movies
2. Halloween has been one my favorites for the last 20+ years
3. I love Rob Zombie and really loved Devil's Rejects and am excited to see what he will do with this
4. If it sucks - no biggie, I still have the original that I can watch whenever I want and I will only appreciate it more. :D

All the same reasons I will be watching.

I really dont care what is said or not said between now on the movies release. I'm gonna watch it. Peroid!

King Darkness said:
All the same reasons I will be watching.

I really dont care what is said or not said between now on the movies release. I'm gonna watch it. Peroid!
:rock:rock:rock

Kabukiman said:
I guess NECA snatched up the license for this. Anyone surprised?

Didn't think so.

I like the Neca Myers. McFarlane's 6" Myers looks great as far as the sculpting, but I don't like how tall he appears, I think the head should have been a little bigger, but Neca is good because it has some articulation which gives some pose flexibility, especially the ball jointed neck, it's childish, but I like to look at the figure and tilt the head side to side the way Michael stared down Bob as he hung from the door in the kitchen, classic.

Kabukiman said:
I guess NECA snatched up the license for this.

Damn...NECA is getting some good licenses.....though I'm not super impressed with their pieces...I wish SSC or Hot Toys would get these licenses instead.

Back