Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics, Wor Gar. My Belloq has arrived, I just have not had the chance to open it yet. The scarf you put on yours really makes the character stand out.

Well today I got a big Sideshow box delivered to my front dorr. Yay! I had a quick peek at Belloq, and as an action figure he seems ok, clothes look ok-ish (although still not accurate for what he wears, and that jacket is way too short/small) but the main problem is that as a *belloq* figure, it just looks nothing like him. I wouldnt know who it was, well the white hat and suit might, MIGHT make me guess it right... but from the rest of the figure? Nope, I wouldnt have a clue. Eventually I'll have a tinker with the sculpt though... even if just for myself to have a decent looking Belloq. Although god knows when I'll have time for that lol

The idol environment though. Man this thing is GREAT. it's larger than you think (you forget how big 1/6 stuff has to be, always imagine it smaller somehow) and it looks like stone, feels like stone... I absolutely love it. And that Idol... oh my god that is HEAVY! I just love this thing... and it makes me even more eager to get my back wall panels and pillars finished now. Although I'm not sure where I'll put them, this thing barely fits on my shelf as it is lol

I snapped of some (very) quick photos of the base with my Indy. They're fuzzy.... badly framed... but they're not artistic pics they are literally just quick snaps. Hey, I was excited! :lol

20090312_1Large.jpg

20090312_4Large.jpg

20090312_6Large.jpg

20090312_7Large.jpg

Well today I got a big Sideshow box delivered to my front dorr...The idol environment though. Man this thing is GREAT. it's larger than you think (you forget how big 1/6 stuff has to be, always imagine it smaller somehow) and it looks like stone, feels like stone... I absolutely love it. And that Idol... oh my god that is HEAVY! I just love this thing... and it makes me even more eager to get my back wall panels and pillars finished now. Although I'm not sure where I'll put them, this thing barely fits on my shelf as it is lol

I snapped of some (very) quick photos of the base with my Indy. They're fuzzy.... badly framed... but they're not artistic pics they are literally just quick snaps. Hey, I was excited! :lol

20090312_4Large.jpg

20090312_6Large.jpg

These 2 shots RULE Darren! Can't wait to get my Indy back form Les to pose him like this! Glad you love the base...I love mine too...It's AWESOME!

Can't wait to see what you do with Belloq. I futzed mine a bit like Wor-Gar (ironed the pants and pleats and shortened them by rolling them up at the feet, took off the silver snap on the jacket), plus I took off the front pants snap (so the belt wouldn't protrude so much) and attached the pants at the zipper part with double-sided tape. I also took the stitching off the tie and lengthened it. I think it looks WAY better.

The head, definitely needs a re-sculpt. Can't wait to see what you do with it. :rock

P.S., here's a shot of my 'futzed' Belloq in front of my Indy PF:

3313528308_87a5f67c47_o.jpg

Damn. I saw this thread up on the list again and thought "ooh cool! someone else has posted new pics" (cause i love seeing pics of this thing) ... but no, it was just someone else telling me how awesome I am :lol

Seriously though, lol... thank a lot guys. I'm really lucky having this artistic/creative 'thing' that I have in my brain. It lets me make already good figures look better and gives me the pleasure of having something as AMAZING as this on my shelf. And that's why I love sharing what I do with others... the internal happyness I've had from some of the comments from people when they've got one of my customs lifts me up no ene when I'm feeling down or tired or something. I just love doing this for others.

So thanks for all the comments about those pics above :bow

...and yes, I'm awesome :rotfl

Nice setup on the Dio. I can't wait to get my second Indy so I can set up mine. Did you connect the two pieces of the chamber or leave it alone?

I got my Belloq & idol environment today. The figure's legs are pretty loose, and Belloq looks nothing like Belloq, but I think that has been said before. The environment rocks. I still have Toht on order, though I guess this will be my last purchase from this line.

I love the pics Darren I have mine setup similar to yours, waiting for my head to come back from a repaint though.

I got my Belloq & idol environment today. The figure's legs are pretty loose, and Belloq looks nothing like Belloq, but I think that has been said before. The environment rocks. I still have Toht on order, though I guess this will be my last purchase from this line.

It is interesting some people have this problem and others don't, the legs on mine are pretty tight.

WOW! What an amazing result you've acheived with this figure! And I thought Wor-Gar's "fixes" were great (and they are), but yours looks like what it SHOULD have looked like all along. Very nice.

I'm this close to caving in and getting this...and your shot my be the one that pushes me...

Looks great!

WOW! What an amazing result you've acheived with this figure! And I thought Wor-Gar's "fixes" were great (and they are), but yours looks like what it SHOULD have looked like all along. Very nice.

I'm this close to caving in and getting this...and your shot my be the one that pushes me...

Looks great!

Hey, Thanks jedibear! I still think Wor-Gar's fixes are tops personally...I just couldn't decide if I wanted 'suit and tie' look or 'desert dig' look. Once I realized with a few simple fixes (ironing the pants and jacket, removing the metal snaps on pants and jacket and [most importantly], lengthening the tie), I figured he could actually look really quite good!

I got an extra shirt from Toyanxiety that I'm going to dye light blue, then I can go for the 'desert dig' look if I ever get tired of the tie look...

Back