Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh well...I waited too long to make up my mind.

imagessad-baby-small.jpg

:lol Oh! Okay...well. i got on the waitlist so we'll see.

Between yours & Indiana Fett's "futzed" shots, I finally had to cave and see if I can get him...

If Darren resculpts and offers a new Belloq head then I'll definitely get this figure....as is....it just don't scream for me to buy it.

looks great, bmarz1000...

got one on the way...between IndianaFett, Wor-Gar and you, I think I have enough inspiration to pull off a properly futzed nemesis for Dr. Jones!

bmarz1000, how did you go about making your scarf? it looks great.

I took some paint to Belloq's hair last night to get the grey look and ended up having to repaint his eye brows as well, it turned out great though (also took out the doll dot while I had the paints out). The more I looked at movie stills the more I was amazed at how Sideshow produced this figure with what amounts to solid black hair and brown eyebrows. Is this just a major oversite on their part? No where in the film have I ever noticed Belloq and thought "wow, dark hair".... Am I nuts?

bmarz1000, how did you go about making your scarf? it looks great.

I took some paint to Belloq's hair last night to get the grey look and ended up having to repaint his eye brows as well, it turned out great though (also took out the doll dot while I had the paints out). The more I looked at movie stills the more I was amazed at how Sideshow produced this figure with what amounts to solid black hair and brown eyebrows. Is this just a major oversite on their part? No where in the film have I ever noticed Belloq and thought "wow, dark hair".... Am I nuts?

There's only one scene where his hair looks truly dark and that's the Tanis Dig Scene where he's talking to the two German officers.

To answer your question on the scarf. Take a strip of fabric (a long rectangular piece) and paint it dark brown with acrylic paints. Then use white acrylic paints and a small brush and make dots or dashes. The pattern doesn't matter because no one knows what the pattern is and it's too small to notice. Do the same with a lighter brown paint. Tie it around his neck loosely. His is a scarf not an ascot. It should be knotted and hang loosely. Hope that helps.

bmarz1000

Back