Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you bmarz. I was trying to get a good look at it by rewatching Raiders over the past couple days but no luck. Finding good stills of Belloq isn't all that easy either... I'm pretty happy with him right now after the futzing and paint touch ups.

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

Belloq on DOILY! :clap

Added to the collection!

Your Belloq and pedestal look sharp. Still can't get over your new camera.

Thanks! Hadn't taken any shots of anything for quite a while so I was eager to see how these might come out. I'm more happy with Belloq's shots than the Pedestal but happy overall with everything. I took shots of these two, Dead Priest, Snake Eyes, Obi-Wan, and the Stormtrooper.

Thank you for the great series of shots, Josh!

I finally caved and ordered this set and it shows up tomorrow...
The Idol environment looks fantastic (but Indy is going to be displayed on that :whip)

...and Belloq looks pretty snazzy too!

The pics look great it just doesn't really look like Belloq. The figure itself came out quite nice though despite the likeness.

Glad to contribute again. Hadn't taken shots for quite a while. Its a nice set and both items are worth getting. I can't wait to get Indy 2.0 from Josh to put with this.

The bad Doctor makes his appearance up north...
3430885258_fe82f897e7_o.jpg

Like always...looks better "in person"...gonna require some major futzing to get the clothes not looking like he slept in 'em, Looks like I got the same tight-figtting jacket that Wor-Gar did. As soon as I got done taking a quick few snaps, off into the water they went....I'll post more tomorrow after I futz a bit...

3430073177_63f5412abb_b.jpg

I'll just do an initial futz and see how that looks before I take some of the more intensive suggestions I've seen in here...there's an excellent figure in there...

And I haven't even tackled the environment yet other than to unpack it and...wow! Very cool looking...can't wait to set it up with Indy...

Thanks Josh & Paul...

Had a chance to futz with him a bit today.
He's actually a pretty decent figure...
3431938223_72c590c1df_b.jpg

I do wish the jacket was a bit bigger...it's still a little tight across the chest with the snap where it is. I think I will either move the snap or just take it off and let the jacket stay open for display. But I do like the choice of material here and the white shirt is good and crisp looking. The tie with the white thread pinching it at the neck was too bright so I took a blue sharpie and touched up the thread...doing that made a big difference I think...

3431938067_423fdaac60_o.jpg

I think the paint apps and sculpt are decent too. Freeman is not an easy subject for a sculptor to be sure, but he's in there. The face paint is pretty clean, but he does have that now traditional "too dark" hair...but since he's got the hat covering most of it, it looks okay...

3432752794_394622e2b4_o.jpg

3431938165_574501f392_o.jpg

I'm glad I broke down and got him. I'd like to see more characters from ROTA get made...we've got Toht on the horizon and another version of Jones later this year. I'm hoping there remains enough interest in the line to see more 1:6 scale figures from Sideshow for this series...

Nice job on futzing. Yeah, the likeness is barely there but overall the figure is pretty cool anyways.

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about the Pro....so far, the only advantage I'm seeing with the characters we've gotten so far on it is the range of movement with the limbs. The leg/hips have more and the arms can be positioned more naturally, which is better when the figure is holding things...

I just wish the limbs/joints weren't so loose and the body (especially the shoulders) wasn't so slight.

But it's still fairly new so we'll see how the next few releases go...

Back