Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. If a grown man is going to collect toys, might as well put them in something nice.

And when you say they put the snap on too high, does that mean if I lower it it will solve the problem on mine? Did you move your snap yet?

I haven't and most likely won't do it until Sunday, which is the first day until I'll have some free time to tinker with it. I'm pretty sure adjusting the clasps will fix all of them. Right now it's placed at almost the top button on the suit. If you move it half way between both buttons, it has more fabric to work with and shouldn't stretch any longer because of this. If you look at photos of SSCs proto, the clasp looks to be in the center, which is what first gave me the idea.

For anyone interested or on the fence, I've added the second part of my review of this figure; the Idol Chamber Environment. You can read the review here and see the rest of the photos on Flickr.

3294799050_50b7077b15_o.jpg

3294798864_3b92ac28bc_o.jpg

3293973389_830a6d55f9_o.jpg

3294799006_21ae0a459c_o.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone interested or on the fence, I've added the second part of my review of this figure; the Idol Chamber Environment. You can read the review here and see the rest of the photos on Flickr.

Great photos Rich, and great review too. I agree with what you mention below about widening the base the 'whole' way around, but that probably would have cost more, and at least by having it as a separate piece, we can move it around to vary the display options.

My only complaint is the use of an additional floor piece to extend the floor, instead of widening the floor on the base. I think it would have looked better as a complete, single piece.

You can choose NOT to use the extra floor piece and just display the pedestal and idol as it's own 'environment' collectible.

031.jpg

And by allowing it to be positioned either at the 'front' (to allow your Indy to be running away from the pedestal, idol in hand) or 'back' (to allow your Indy to be facing the Idol, ready to switch it for the bag of sand) of the pedestal, you can switch up your display to make it looke like either of these scenes:

041.jpg

046.jpg

Got mine just now. Have him posed and he looks pretty damn good! The suit is not bad at all. If anything I'd say its pretty darn nice really but the tie is kind of annoying. I took the silver things off the suit and it looks a lot better with those missing. Before hand though with it closed I thought it looked just fine.

The joints are quite tight on this and nothing close to loose at all but thats been the case. The paint is really good as well with the hair even looking like it has some grey in it. He's light on extra items but the wine bottle is neat and the gun is exceptional. Then you have the Idol Chamber which is freaking amazing and will make for a great display with my Josh customzied Indy.

I've just been told today that the Pro is short. Indy is shorter than Han. That's not right. Belloq should be on a short body - Paul is 5'8" and Harrison is 6'1"- but the figures are the same height. I really hope they address this with a modular Pro soon.

Dave pull some strings and make this happen.

the news letter sead there is only 29 of the EX left ................ did not thing they were this low ... i new it would sell out fast

For anyone on the fence thinking they need to customize, blah, blah, here's my futzed Belloq wearing the outfit he came with. I think with these small adjustments he looks pretty darn good.

- Cut the wrap off the tie and adjusted it to the right length, ironed and placed back on.

- Cut the silver snaps off the jacket AND his pants (so his belt would fit better and wouldn't be popping up)

- Ironed the front of the jacket and the pants. Shortened the pants by folding about a 1/2 inch up under the cuffs, then ironed the pleats back in the front.

- Ran the hat under hot water to stretch it a bit and bend the bill, now he can wear it tilted

Put it all back together, adjusted, and voila! Belloq in his suit! And it looks even better in person. I'm REALLY happy with Belloq now. Might even leave him like this instead of going for the 'dig' version. He'll look GREAT next to Toht! :D

3313520192_0fd818f525_o.jpg

3313528308_87a5f67c47_o.jpg

3312699793_8e5fe49be7_o.jpg

For anyone on the fence thinking they need to customize, blah, blah, here's my futzed Belloq wearing the outfit he came with. I think with these small adjustments he looks pretty darn good.

- Cut the wrap off the tie and adjusted it to the right length, ironed and placed back on.

- Cut the silver snaps off the jacket AND his pants (so his belt would fit better and wouldn't be popping up)

- Ironed the front of the jacket and the pants. Shortened the pants by folding about a 1/2 inch up under the cuffs, then ironed the pleats back in the front.

- Ran the hat under hot water to stretch it a bit and bend the bill, now he can wear it tilted

Put it all back together, adjusted, and voila! Belloq in his suit! And it looks even better in person. I'm REALLY happy with Belloq now. Might even leave him like this instead of going for the 'dig' version. He'll look GREAT next to Toht! :D

3313520192_0fd818f525_o.jpg

3313528308_87a5f67c47_o.jpg

3312699793_8e5fe49be7_o.jpg

Didn't he wear it tilted to the other side? :huh :p

New pictures on Sideshow's website. They look terrible! They really couldn't be bothered to futz even a little bit with the figure??? I did some minimal futzing and it helped loads! I'm pretty happy with him with the minor things I did, like tugging the jacket here and there, and folding up the pants. But in the new pics the jacket especially looks bad.

Nice job IF! He looks much better.

Thanks Josh. I actually thought he was pretty decent right out of the box, but these figures ALWAYS need futzing to be right. I saw how Greg did his and sort of followed his lead in terms of folding and ironing. I had a look at the tie and knew I could make it longer, so I did!

I'm still thinking of doing something different eventually with his shirt to make it pop. With the suit, everything is too white right now. Maybe I need to get one of those blue shirts from the 'Bay, or dye this one light blue. Or, maybe even wait for Toht and get an extra one of his striped shirts for Belloq. Might look a bit like the 'island' look from the end of the film with a striped shirt.

Can't wait to have him posed next to Toht with the ark! :rock

I had a look at the tie and knew I could make it longer, so I did!

Do we know for sure the tie isn't short on purpose? I mean, this was the 1930's. Short ties were worn from time to time back then.

It's just that the length of the tie is so specific, I have to believe it was done intentionally. It's too weird of a detail to be a mistake.

Top notch job on the futzing, though. I'm gonna break out my iron right now. :rock

I had a look at the tie and knew I could make it longer, so I did!

Do we know for sure the tie isn't short on purpose? I mean, this was the 1930's. Short ties were worn from time to time back then.

It's just that the length of the tie is so specific, I have to believe it was done intentionally. It's too weird of a detail to be a mistake.

Top notch job on the futzing, though. I'm gonna break out my iron right now. :rock

Well Boot, going by this photo of Indy and Belloq meeting in the cafe on TheRaider.net, I think the tie IS supposed to be normal length.

That said, I'm sure from a fashion standpoint, you could get away with '1930's guy in suit with short tie' look. I just thought it looked funny with the jacket open and liked it better longer.

200.jpg

Great futz, IF!!! Belloq looks terrific! Even if the hat is tilted the wrong way, yes, (good eyes Nam) but it looks way better tilted to the right than straight on. That tie fix really helps too.

Back