Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only real problem I've had is with the ankles and the "hip" area (where the legs insert into that joint)...kinda loose on my Stormtroopers and on Belloq. But my Indy figure is fine. I guess the Pro just doesn't feel as "solid" as a Buck...that's not saying it's bad, just different....takes some getting used to is all.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I find the Pro to be a big upgrade over the Buck. Superior range of motion and less of a square look to the shoulders, not to mention being able to swap out hands without fear of breaking pegs. I think Indy got a bad rap due to the weight of the hat head being too heavy for the neck of the Pro. I know the Pro has issues, it could be tighter, though my Belloq and Indy are both stand free, and the ankle and wrist articulation could be improved through a ball joint, but overall I think they've improved their base figure 100%. I do have issues with the armor body ankles on my Stormtrooper though.... He's proven impossible to stand and that's a little disappointing after you put a lot of futzing time in to make him look as good as possible.

A tight Pro is a huge improvement over the Buck. I switched over the Indy for the Harbinger.

Well I caved. I finaly got my review at work and a nice little raise and treated myself to this. I don't really care about Belloq but the pedistal is cool as heck. I know the pics are bad... I think I need a new camera.

indy3.jpg

indy1.jpg

Well I caved. I finaly got my review at work and a nice little raise and treated myself to this. I don't really care about Belloq but the pedistal is cool as heck. I know the pics are bad... I think I need a new camera.

indy3.jpg

indy1.jpg

I love the second pic. It's like he's saying "How in the world did I get my whip to hang UP?" ;)

It's encouraging to read that some people purchased Indy figures that aren't loose; gives me hope that mine will be reasonably firm.

Mine wasn't loose either (well save for the neck but the hatted sculpt is just too heavy for the neck to support it without modifying). I switched Indy over to a TT because of the shoulders being too narrow which, in turn, made his head look too big. But the Pro, now on a kitbashed military figure, hasn't given me any issues whatsoever.

I love the second pic. It's like he's saying "How in the world did I get my whip to hang UP?" ;)

Clever way of mentioning it's upside down! :lol

I love the second pic. It's like he's saying "How in the world did I get my whip to hang UP?"
I know! :lol First thing I noticed. Perhaps hanging around all of those mystical artifacts has some of Indy's stuff defying the laws of gravity. Technically his whip handle should be magnetized by the Crystal Skull since it has a metal spike in the handle.

I didn't even notice that about the whip... I think he was drunk the night before and thats how it ended up when he got dressed the next morning. :)

DAMMIT! :banghead:banghead:banghead
I waited months and months for this and now:

Dear Sir/Madam, 1722079 Indiana Jones: Dr Rene Belloq Idol Chamber Exclusive QTY 1 Thank you for placing an order with Forbidden Planet. Unfortunately we have received news from the suppliers of this product that it has been discontinued and we will no longer be able to receive this in stock. We regret to inform you that we have had to cancel your order for this item. Please be assured that no money has been debited from your account for this piece. Forbidden Planet apologises for the problems and inconvenience this has caused to you. Kind Regards The Mail Order Team.

:monkey2

DAMMIT! :banghead:banghead:banghead
I waited months and months for this and now:

Dear Sir/Madam, 1722079 Indiana Jones: Dr Rene Belloq Idol Chamber Exclusive QTY 1 Thank you for placing an order with Forbidden Planet. Unfortunately we have received news from the suppliers of this product that it has been discontinued and we will no longer be able to receive this in stock. We regret to inform you that we have had to cancel your order for this item. Please be assured that no money has been debited from your account for this piece. Forbidden Planet apologises for the problems and inconvenience this has caused to you. Kind Regards The Mail Order Team.

:monkey2

Got the same e-mail today :monkey2

I think I might cancel my Toht order with them and find him somewhere else. I'm so bloody annoyed!
How can it be discontinued?!?! It's still on second chance in the US. :(

I know :cuss :banghead :banghead
I think I'm gonna cancel my Toth order with them and reorder with play.com . So far all my orders from play arrived without any problems.

Not to steal any of the thunder away from the great Toht images that are showing up here, but I have just received Mike Fisher's BRILLIANT resculpt (sanding of the jaw) and repaint of Belloq's head and it looks AMAZING! You can't totally see it in the pics, but Mike even added some subtle grayish stubble and really went out of his way to do a bang-up job on shading and highlighting parts of the face and hair.

Goes to show that with some patient futzing, sanding and repainting, this Belloq figure is actually a pretty solid addition to the line. (Don't mind Indy in the background...he's one of my extras to eventually turn into a 'Streets of Cairo' Indy. Les is currently repainting and weathering my 'main' Indy! :D)

3534230796_3a7e5695d6_o.jpg

3534230886_00b55f72b4_o.jpg

3534230984_a8eec0e79c_o.jpg

3533413535_8079a2dac3_o.jpg

3533413627_fd1fe26513_o.jpg

3533413627_fd1fe26513_o.jpg

3533413821_3168aa9496_o.jpg

Back