Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I FINALLY got hold of Belloq & the idol pedestal to go in my Indy shelf...

DSC04105.jpg

DSC04097.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04086.jpg

DSC04102.jpg

DSC04078.jpg

Totally worth the wait! :chew

Thanks guys. The spiders are home made. I took some big fake plastic spiders, cut them down to size and roughly sanded them so that they would look hairy!
Belloq's suit is so awful I had to change his outfit. Btw, Mfisher's jungle Belloq is the best I've seen (https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60617).

I wouldn't go as far as to say it is awful. It could be better but it wasn't bad. It wasn't very screen accurate but for what it is I think it is a good suit.

Check this out everyone! Over at Cool Toy Review (www.cooltoyreview.com) they are holding a contest now where you can recommend a friend (too bad it can't be yourself) to get the Dr. Rene Belloq figure with the Idol Chamber Environment from Sideshow Toys still sealed in the brown cardboard shipper box...for FREE!
:horror :D

Yep, all you have to do is e-mail Dave at Cool Toy Review your friend's name, e-mail address, and city of residence...along with your name and address. They go as far to say that your friend also cannot live in the same city as you do. :rolleyes: :D

Here's the link to it.

https://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Totally_Random_Indiana_Jones_Giveaway_125415.asp

So, get Belloq and the idol environment sent to someone you think that deserves it! You never know...you may be the one that gets it! :whip

I didn't see a date about when this contest ends...but I wouldn't wait, and get into it now!

I'd settle for just the Belloq figure. They are like hen's teeth here in the UK . ( rare) If I won them both I'd auction the idol environment and give the proceeds to the Diana Kamahele ( sp) fund. Too bad you can't recommend yourself :(

Not really. Kinda. :lol I had a bit of a quiet period in my Star Wars collection. Now, though, I've jumped onto the Indy line with both feet, and it looks like I've fallen for the G.I. Joe line as well.

I bought the idol environment with the intention of selling the Belloq figure. But I have to admit, he's pretty cool. And I'm really digging this Prometheus body. :rock

These pictures have me hooked and I just ordered the Belloq Ex from SSC. I just must have the idol environment.

I had previously cancelled my pre-order due to the high international shipping costs but that shipping cost is slightly mitigated now because I requested SSC to ship this together with my Toht Ex.

Rene Belloq 1/6

Hi All

I've had the Belloq figure when I got him with the Gold idol pedestal and finally decided to do something with him. I thought about the jungle scene but other customizers have done that so I thought I would go with him when he is in the Tanis dig site.

RECIPE

1: Rene Belloq - Is from Sideshow Toys, the only things that aren't are the watch, map, goggles and the statue. The watch is from a WW2 Dragon figure, the map has been downloaded of the net and then printed off, the goggles are made from a piece of clear plastic with pieces from the bits box and the statue is from the 3-3/4" indy figures I thought it just looked good Belloq holding it.

2: Base - The base is two pieces of foam core glued together and left to dry overnight, the wall is large foam pieces cut to size and pulled apart to get the decade look and then glued to the base.

Once everything has dried plaster of paris was used to cover the wall and then kitty litter and fine sand was added to the rest of the plaster and the rest of the base was covered. When the plaster dried I used Vallejo paints and pastels to paint and weather the base.

rbq1.jpg

rbq2.jpg

rbq3.jpg

rbq4.jpg

rbq5.jpg

Ron

Re: Rene Belloq 1/6

NICE Ron.... LOVE it.... this is my next Belloq project... finally wrapping up jungle Belloq this weekend !!

Re: Rene Belloq 1/6

I had the same idea concerning the goggles. I scoured the internet looking for 1/6 ones and then realized they were seemingly clear with no frames. Plastic is the best alternatives. How did you attach the strap?

Back