Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think at bare minimum we'll get all four versions of Indy, he is the Luke of this line. He is a guaranteed seller. I don't think you'll see adventurer versions as variants.

The girl? That's Leighton Meester from Gossip Girl. The girl I'm currently crushing the hell out of.

blairwaldposse.jpg

leighton-meester.jpg

:lol that's awesome man! My friend loves that show but I have yet to catch it. Also I take it she is supposed to be a teenager in the show? If so that's felony broham! :rock

edit: she's 22. Whew!

My Exclusive Belloq waitlist converted! :joy

And I only recently placed the order (Nov 22)!

Gulp! Now I have to pay for him!

Interesting... I just looked and mine converted as well. I don't remember when I ordered it though. I kind of wish I could swap Belloq and Toht since I don't really want Belloq or the Ark, I want Toht and the Idol chamber.. oh well.

Last edited:
Does Sideshow have the rights to do figures from all the movies? If so, when are we going to get some Temple of Doom figures?

Interesting... I just looked and mine converted as well. I don't remember when I ordered it though. I kind of wish I could swap Belloq and Toht since I don't really want Belloq or the Ark, I want Toht and the Idol chamber.. oh well.

:lol

Me too. I could care less about Belloq and I like the Idol environment much better.

I just had a waitlist conversion on Friday for the exclusive. :clap I came in way late for that one. Best exclusives ever, between this one and Toht.

I just had a waitlist conversion on Friday for the exclusive. :clap I came in way late for that one. Best exclusives ever, between this one and Toht.

I suppose, but I can't help but think that these are totally different from what the term "exclusive" means in every other line.

Different maybe in the sense that the scale of the exclusive is noticeably grander than that of other exclusives. But the idea behind them, I think, remains the same: That the exclusive item be something unessential to the piece, yet with a value, a "cool factor," that is undeniable for exclusive collectors.

We don't "need" an Ark to make our Indy figure collection complete. But, for a few dollars extra (bringing the figure only to a level comparable to a Hot Toys figure) we can have that little extra something, right?

I'm more talking about the price and the nature of the exclusives. The idea of the exclusive is generally that it is a little something that extra that you get for free for ordering through Sideshow. While they have started charging extra for the exclusive in many cases, I don't remember any other exclusives where you get what could be a completely separate product, for an additional cost that could pay for that product.

Bottom line is that these are either a way to get around licensing restrictions, as some have guessed, or they're a way to get people to buy figures that they might not ordinarily want. I'm not saying that's a bad thing -- it seems to make smart business sense. But I do think it makes it difficult to compare them to "real" exclusives.

As for them not being "must haves" I'm going to have to disagree to some extent. It's hard to imagine what could be a more necessary accessory than the Ark. Yeah, it's not necessary for Toht, but you can bet that if Indy's exclusive had been the Ark, everyone would be saying how it was a must have.

Different maybe in the sense that the scale of the exclusive is noticeably grander than that of other exclusives. But the idea behind them, I think, remains the same: That the exclusive item be something unessential to the piece, yet with a value, a "cool factor," that is undeniable for exclusive collectors.

They are grander than any other exclusive item SS has done before. I agree the reason behind any exclusive item is something that can be left off the piece and the piece still feel complete. I think both pieces qualify with the figures they came with.

We don't "need" an Ark to make our Indy figure collection complete. But, for a few dollars extra (bringing the figure only to a level comparable to a Hot Toys figure) we can have that little extra something, right?

I don't know about that. I think the Ark is a pretty important piece to an Indy Collection. Its what the whole first movie is about so it does have a fairly large importance. I would have bought it seperatly for sure so them including it with Toht was awesome. The Idol chamber is sweet in that it gives you chances to pose Indy differently so its quite perfect really.

I hope my wait list for the exclusive converts I can live without Indy's torch and dart but would love to have the idol pedestal.

Thankfully, the other movies have small McGuffins....heh.

True but I have a feeling if the line lasts that long you'll get the Knight with the table filled with different cups or something like that to include the McGuffins in a grander scale ala Belloq's Exclusive.

That's true...Mola Ram would probably have the giant skull (where the stones are placed) in addition to the Sankara Stones...

I have a feeling that the Sankara Stones would probably come with the Adventurer version of Indy from that film (yes I think we'll get four Indys probably more) So Mola would probably come with the Skull but the Sankara Stones would be attached or something allong those lines.

Back