Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that is key. I too wouldn't normally have bought Belloq because I am only a casual Indy fan, but the Idol Environment sold me on him. Sure its not a free bonus as most of the exclusives are, but it is definatley a must-have item. It is arguably the most iconic scene in the film.

Only really question is if the the center area lowers at all.

It does.:rock:rock

But then you have to buy the soon to be released Monkey Man to get the massive boulder that comes after Indy when the centre area does lower.:naughty

I thought the suit looked quite nice in pictures... accurate looking material and a nice hang to the clothes. Will it look that good in production :huh But, I'm hopeful.

My only nit with the suit -- which I think they did a terrific job on, and I know Belloq's suit well -- is that the "belt" in the jacket's back is way too low. It should be mid back and it hangs down to his ass. I hope they fix that, but otherwise it's dead on accurate.

To be more specific, I find the oversized collar and exposed button clasp distracting. For an $80 figure, I would hope for better. For a $50 figure, I would be okay with it. I admit that my expectations have been raised after purchasing the Saturday Toys suit with a highly articulated body and strong resemblance of William Fichtner for $45. What I found especially ingenious on their sports coat is that the tiny buttons actually work, so no more button clasp!

To be more specific, I find the oversized collar and exposed button clasp distracting. For an $80 figure, I would hope for better. For a $50 figure, I would be okay with it. I admit that my expectations have been raised after purchasing the Saturday Toys suit with a highly articulated body and strong resemblance of William Fichtner for $45. What I found especially ingenious on their sports coat is that the tiny buttons actually work, so no more button clasp!

Justin you're totally seeing things. I can tell you for a fact the collar is not oversized and there is no exposed clasp. Not even on the shots I took of the figure.

Well, you can see a bit of the snap that holds the suit together. I assume that's what he means. The collar looks OK to me. It is a 1940s suit, of course, so the proportions may seem a little off.

Well, you can see a bit of the snap that holds the suit together. I assume that's what he means. The collar looks OK to me. It is a 1940s suit, of course, so the proportions may seem a little off.

Yeah, in one of my shots you can see if a little when you get that close but otherwise its not there.

Only 60 left of the exclusive! Don't delay if you are on the fence!

Man, I've been too busy to visit here or even the SS site even during Comic con, then I went to this thread just so I can click on the link on the 1st page to get another look at Belloq, then I see the idol environment for the exclusive and realize that the preorder quantity is almost gone...wow, what timing! Click, click click and my order is in :banana

Here's a pic for reference:

PaulFreeman1.jpg

SDCC08-SSCIndy-13.jpg

I definitely think the sculpts problem is the oversized jaw and the fact the face isn't as slender as it should be.
The clothing looks nice so hopefully it survives the production process.

Justin, do you have a link to this figure? I'm really interested in seeing one now.

Thanks

I've got a couple of these myself. They really are amazingly tailored little suits...

Saturday Toys Mens' Suit Set 1B

Comparing the two (one in hand, the other--obviously--only through pictures), the Saturday Toys suit does seem to hang better. It's using different materials, of course, but the actual cut of the coat seems to work better as well.

I'm not damning Rene's threads just yet, but there does appear to be room for improvement.

i really wanna see a production piece so i can cancel it or not. its just okay for me. which is a better opinion of the figure than most people seem to have

I've been thinking about picking one of those Saturday's suits up for a Tony Stark figure once the Hot Toys Iron Man ships. That is one nice looking suit.

Back