Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So he's on the Prometheus right? The hand sculpts look nice... I had been a bit concerned that the new handsculpts would not be as detailed as the old ones.

Just ordered mine Ex as well.. I'm still on waiting list for the Indiana Jones 12 Iches Ex though -_-

Hey guys, is it only me... but I can see "Dick Tracy" aka Warren Beatty. just dye the coat yellow, what do you guys think...

I put an exclusive on preorder, which is kinda big for a lighter Indy fan like myself. But now I have a Hasbro Ark and a SS Indy coming, so there's gonna be a Detolf shelf dedicated to Raiders. The figure is kinda take it or leave it (jawline is a lil big, just really a guy in a suit, etc.), but will round out the rest of the shelf--and I feel like you HAFTA have the base and idol if your not already fashioning one yourself.

The shoulders kill me.

Strange that the suited version of Belloq is the one that comes with the 1:6 Idol Pedestal. Hmm. Whatever.

SSC really drops the ball sometimes. I'm sad to see they did it with one of my top 3 favorite licenses.

The shoulders kill me.

Strange that the suited version of Belloq is the one that comes with the 1:6 Idol Pedestal. Hmm. Whatever.

SSC really drops the ball sometimes. I'm sad to see they did it with one of my top 3 favorite licenses.

I don't know that they dropped the ball...I think they just did it to sell more Belloq figures. If they were individual offerings they would have sold more of the pedestals and barely any of the Belloq's...Besides, I read somewhere that SSC doesn't have the license for Indy environments, so offering them as exclusives is the only way to get around that.

The tailoring on this figure is very disappointing compared to what Saturday Toys offers with the Alex Mahone figure for $45.

I think it's telling that the banner ad for Belloq looks like this:

belloq_ad.jpg

As has happened many times, the photos may not be doing the tailoring on the suit proper justice. The outfits on Sideshow figures are generally one of the strongest things about them.

I'm sure Mr. Belloq will be no exception...

Having seen this in person, I was very happy with the tailoring... The clothing is AMAZING. The head is slightly off in the jaw, as was said before... but not horrible. I really liked it. Real step up in suit tailoring from SSC.

I don't know that they dropped the ball...I think they just did it to sell more Belloq figures. If they were individual offerings they would have sold more of the pedestals and barely any of the Belloq's...Besides, I read somewhere that SSC doesn't have the license for Indy environments, so offering them as exclusives is the only way to get around that.

I think that is key. I too wouldn't normally have bought Belloq because I am only a casual Indy fan, but the Idol Environment sold me on him. Sure its not a free bonus as most of the exclusives are, but it is definatley a must-have item. It is arguably the most iconic scene in the film.

Only really question is if the the center area lowers at all.

I think that is key. I too wouldn't normally have bought Belloq because I am only a casual Indy fan, but the Idol Environment sold me on him. Sure its not a free bonus as most of the exclusives are, but it is definatley a must-have item. It is arguably the most iconic scene in the film.

Only really question is if the the center area lowers at all.

Probably not. I think they would have pushed that feature at Comic Con. I could be wrong though.

Back