Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can definately see Paul Freeman in the sculpt, for one there sould be more blonde/grey in the hair and the skin tone appears too dark. I think a repaint could really bring out the sculpt.
watermark.php

Last edited:
Only ever planned getting Indy and his dad but got the exclusive Belloq for the diorama, think it will be a cool set peice. Bellog looks like he will turn out to be a really nice figure if they can get the suit looking good.

The sculpt looks more like Julian Glover in Indy 3. Wretched...

And they know it sucks, so they're getting buyers by adding the base as an exclusive. Truly sickening.

What's with all the Belloq negativity? I thought people liked him?

I like him. :wave

I actually think he's a great choice for a second character I just don't understand why they included the Idol pedestal as his exclusive. Also the sculpt isn't very good.

IMO the only other characters that would have been better as the second figure in the line would have been Henry Sr., Sallah, or Mola Ram. Belloq is a great villain.

It does still say that the prototype is pending approval, so it's possible the sculpt will get the few tweaks it needs to look less like Vogel and more like Belloq.

I really want to order him, but $80? Ow. I might do it and hope for an improvement. He'd be worth the money if he looked just a little more accurate.

They look nothing alike. The brow line, hair and jaw is different the the troopers head head is norrow.

Sounds like you just don't need to buy him.

I need the dio piece or he'd be a very easy pass for me, like he would for 90% of the others. Watch how long the non exclusive is used for giveaways.:rotfl

It does still say that the prototype is pending approval, so it's possible the sculpt will get the few tweaks it needs to look less like Vogel and more like Belloq.

I really want to order him, but $80? Ow. I might do it and hope for an improvement. He'd be worth the money if he looked just a little more accurate.

How often are SS sculpts better than the prototype?:rotfl:rotfl
We can always hope though.

i preordered exclusive. Will most likely cancel and get the regular one cheaper elsewhere. I don't hate the figure, but it definantly is not the end all be all 12in Figure

(which i still think is the Indy figure)

What's with all the Belloq negativity? I thought people liked him?

I think because

a) He's Indy's nemesis

b) His name is Renee so he may be French. :lol

But, some grey touches around the temples and and he'll look fine IMO. Worse comes to worse you get an Idol En, a new promethius body, a really nice suit so just replace the head if you hate the HS so much...

I'm keeping this guy, I doubt he'll become the next Wiseman (Dr. No)

I ordered him because I am probably gonna get all the main Raiders guys anyway. And Belloq is way more interesting than Donovan or the guys in the new movie, although I might get the Russian chick. And Ed, I can easily see you breaking Belloq down when he hits the house.

That's one hell of an exclusive, even if it does cost more, it is worth it...

I mean, just look at it...

:drool:drool:drool

Compared to the Saturday Toys suit, this figure has amateurish tailoring with an oversized collar and button snap on the jacket.

Back