Regalwindhund's Customs and W.I.P.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright. I know it's been awhile between posts. I just started work on weathering a new helmet, and one of Spider's exceptionally made kamas. Here's the Kama w/ one coat of a Citadel brand shade:

100_1251_zps230f86ae.jpg

Let it dry. Apply a few more coats. Repeat. Now it's all nice an wrinkley, bendable, and ready for drybrushing w/ a some pastels thrown in for good measure. (pics of that later)

100_1250_zps3db79d4d.jpg

Here's a helmet I just started to weather. Still got a long way to go.

100_1238_zps63204492.jpg

100_1246_zps2460a656.jpg

100_1248_zps473b4c88.jpg

more to follow.

Nice helmet work man! Pastels for shading?

Thanks man. Yeah. I tend to use them on seams and the edges of clothing. Then I rub over the edges w/ my thumb. I used to just use acrylic paint for weathering, but I try to use both now for fabrics. It's much easier to weather a seam or fine edge by running a pastel chalk along it, then blending it in. I tend to use sand, raw umber, burnt umber, etc. Earth tones mainly. Sometimes I'll use a charcoal pencil to on seams as well. Same process. It's noticeable, but not too noticeable. Then I use the acrylics for weathering that looks "splotchy" or "caked" on.

omg dude...wtf? im gone for a few hours and you put up a ton of coolness?? man....guess i wont sleep anymore...everyone is updating..lol..nice kama btw...love what you did with it..i may need to do that as well....oh sure..you pick the blue one to show off..not the cool tan one or the cool red ones...oh no....i thought that i sent you a messed up one? guess i sent you a good one as well..cool...

omg dude...wtf? im gone for a few hours and you put up a ton of coolness?? man....guess i wont sleep anymore...everyone is updating..lol..nice kama btw...love what you did with it..i may need to do that as well....oh sure..you pick the blue one to show off..not the cool tan one or the cool red ones...oh no....i thought that i sent you a messed up one? guess i sent you a good one as well..cool...

You actually sent me a couple of good ones, and you know why I chose to use the blue kama. Besides, it's gonna look great on Commander Bow. Here's a couple pics of the finished product:

100_1262_zps0dd27f0a.jpg

Wish I had a better camera, or lit area to take pics. These are literally the same picture. Nothing's moved and yet they look slightly different.

100_1266_zpsf8c7220a.jpg

I believe that's enough w/ the weathering. I didn't want to overdo it. I believe if I added anymore the weathering wouldn't look natural. The "colors" I used consisted of sand, light earth, mud, and ash along the bottom/edges of the kama. I tried to aim for the classic dried mud look by applying the pastels directly, and then rubbing it in using my thumb and forefinger.

i still need to figure out why it has that little puff right in the middle of the butt crack area...it doesnt when i sew it up and before i turn it right side out...lol..go figure...i should send my kamas to you to weather them up for me..i love what you have done on that one...

i still need to figure out why it has that little puff right in the middle of the butt crack area...it doesnt when i sew it up and before i turn it right side out...lol..go figure...i should send my kamas to you to weather them up for me..i love what you have done on that one...

Thanks man. That lil' bump shouldn't be a problem once I put it on Bow. An hey, if you ever want me to weather one for ya'. I'd be more than happy to help. :)

Finally finished weathering one of Spidey's most awesome Kamas. Since it was blue I put it on my Commander Bow figure. I'm sure you'll notice the lack of holsters an belt buckle. I chose not to add these since they would have restricted the mobility of the figure, and I love my dynamic poses. Besides, Bow is outfitted w/ 4 more blaster magazines than the standard Clone Commander. Not to mention his modified blaster w/ Spectre DR Combat Sight, Reflex Sight, and Laser Tag Designator, more than makes up for the lack of side-arms. Well, here are the pics:

Your standard front and back.

100_1267_zpsdc110ad9.jpg

100_1269_zps4e725076.jpg

The next series is various pics of Bow making use of that Spectre Sight, and how the kama can either lie flat, or be made to look as if blowing in the wind. Thanks to Spidey's ingenious use of wire.

100_1274_zpsdb58da9a.jpg

100_1276_zps16a29632.jpg

100_1277_zpsc1f7851d.jpg

100_1280_zps23a960cc.jpg

100_1284_zpsae110327.jpg

100_1286_zps4afd51ce.jpg

100_1287_zps9ffeabcd.jpg

There ya' go. One awesome kama made by Spidey. He makes a wide range of sizes and colors. Go an get your's now!! (I'm Alexander Barron, and I endorse this message)

Last edited:
Thanks man. I still haven't got around to painting the armor on the other Clone Trooper I started, but I really wanted to fix up one of Spidey's kamas. Didn't take more than a couple days either. Don't know why, but I love weathering stuff. It's seriously my favorite part of the process. So much so that it borders on obsession. :lol

The commander looks great! Is those spidys kamas? They look good too.

Yup. That's a Spidey brand Command Kama. Now w/ wire! Great for replicating the "on the move battle pose", or the stoic "whipping in the wind" look! Thanks for the compliments guys. All it took was a couple layers of Citadel Shade "Nuln Oil", and a few pastels. I might try using my Tamiya Weathering sticks on the next one.

Last edited:
Great paint apps man...as for clones....can't get enough. :yess:

you can do mine? :lol

Sometimes I've seriously thought about offering to weather other people's customs, or custom clothing. Sort of how other's offer their skills at painting headsculpts. I don't think I could do it though despite how much I love to weather stuff. The fear of screwing up someone else's stuff is too great. :lol

Last edited:
Back