Regalwindhund's Customs and W.I.P.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time no see everyone. I haven't been working on as much SW lately, but I will show ya' what's been occupying my time. Plus, this is my 1st attempt at painting a human headsculpt. I've painted a couple HS so far, but nothing human. So I hope it's good for a 1st attempt. I did a fair amount of texturing, nothin too noticeable, a few dark washes, to make the creases stick out, and some drybrushing to make him a lil'l more pale. One last detail, the eyes were meant to be a pewter grey. Once I began to add a finish to the eyes the irises an pupil kind of became one. So they're pretty much black now. :lol Well here he is:

Frank2_zps66b136c2.jpg

Frank3_zps2a80d734.jpg

Frank1_zps4638df3e.png

Frank2_zps79693529.jpg

Punisher4_zps2472dc70.jpg

Punisher5_zpsc1cc2f45.jpg

Frank6_zps2b772fc1.jpg

Man, I really need to set up a decent backdrop for photo taking. Well Frank still needs a lil' work, but I promise to post some SW pics today. I finished upgrading my Vader. Maybe I'll take a few of him.

Last edited:
Been away for a bit. Just found your Commander Bow. Excellent Job - very excellent.
Most fabulous stance you achieved for the pictures! Is he still on a sideshow clone body? I don't think I could get my clones to do that.

Spidey - Great Kama - i didn't know you put wire in those. Do you do it on all your stuff? I think you should put out pre-weathered stuff.

Been away for a bit. Just found your Commander Bow. Excellent Job - very excellent.
Most fabulous stance you achieved for the pictures! Is he still on a sideshow clone body? I don't think I could get my clones to do that.

Spidey - Great Kama - i didn't know you put wire in those. Do you do it on all your stuff? I think you should put out pre-weathered stuff.

Thanks man. My 1st SW custom. An to answer your question, that is an original Clone body. I just added a ****-ton of Fabri-Tac to the area surrounding the ankle opening, and the opening itself. I just had to make sure the Fabri-Tac didn't get into the ankle joint and dry. After some trial an error, his ankles hold pretty well. Spidey's Kamas are great too!! I have a few already set aside a few to us in some new customs. By the way, weathering the kama isn't that difficult. I list all the products, and how they're used in my thread. Give it a shot.

Painting human heads is a major pain in the arse. For a first try, I think you did good on yours. I struggle with them myself. That is why Duane's Wuher sculpt is still sitting on my shelf.

Nice work. Just keep at it, Im sure your skills will improve. :)

Thanks for answering regal. Good idea!

Spidey - I meant to say I think you should make stuff already weathered.

Painting human heads is a major pain in the arse. For a first try, I think you did good on yours. I struggle with them myself. That is why Duane's Wuher sculpt is still sitting on my shelf.

Nice work. Just keep at it, Im sure your skills will improve. :)

Thanks Chaka. I have to give credit to Logan25 for the sculpt. He creates some truly amazing sculpts, extremely detailed. As for me painting it, it took me close to a month to paint that sculpt. I kept futzing w/ the damn thing and went a lil' nuts. So I did a lil' more work. Then I said "Screw it!" an put the damn thing down an let it dry. :lol It was quite the learning experience.

Yay!! I was able to take one mediocre picture before my camera died. :lol I'll get some fresh batteries an put some more up later.

100_1461_zps9aa99195.jpg

Vader is sporting one of Lance's fetching capes. I did remove the original chain (more accurately it fell off) and added a longer an thinner chain. Vader's also had all the proper body mods, and his helm has been sanded to sit lower on the head. Anyhow, you'll see what I'm talkin' about when I can actually take some more pics.

i wonder if you use the chalks on the kamas and then use hair spray on them, to seal them..would that work? i know if does on the trooper armor...but maybe i'll try it on a kama....

I don't see why it wouldn't, but I'd recommend your traditional pastels. Once the colors are worked into the fabric, they're pretty much there to stay. Just add the color you want, then brush it in lightly, or in my case I just used my thumb to rub the colors in (I find it's easier to blend the colors, and by rubbing w/ my thumb it makes the cloth look worn), and bam! Done.

Back