Regalwindhund's Customs and W.I.P.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Stuff: Anakin on Mustafar

Somethin' I've been fiddlin' with for awhile now. Not really feelin' it at the moment so he's gonna be put on the back burner. Still need to muss up his pant's an undershirt too.

100_0592_zps5c6ea50f.jpg

100_0590_zps5dc154e2.jpg

Sith Lord's Lightsaber

Well here's my Sith Lord's Lightsaber. Didn't turn out as well as I hoped. The handle is a combination of a SSC Luke ROTJ saber (Which I received from SpiderRogue pre-painted, which I re-painted Lol!!), a Darth Vader saber shroud by Medicom, standard wire to make the loop, and some Milliput in and around the shroud to allow the blade to be taken in an out. I did my best to get a high contrast on the saber handle (black an white, kind of a bone like look to it) and it just would not happen. I must have paintwashed an dry-brushed the handle a 100 times, then I just left it a alone. Anyhow, here it is:

100_0824_zpsf830db23.jpg

100_0826_zpsd2490929.jpg

100_0830_zps8ee68247.jpg

100_0841_zps3d1a6122.jpg

100_0839_zpsd2b350a5.jpg

100_0838_zpsf91c15f2.jpg

An here's a couple pics w/ it on his waist.

100_0847_zpsbc21739f.jpg

100_0848_zps67bdbeae.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also doing some simple metal etching, designing crests an the like, possibly for the chest or pauldrons. I don't plan on using this one, but it gives a general idea, and it's not painted. Just matte black sheet metal scrubbed over w/ some .0 grit sandpaper:

100_0829_zpsa5dc596f.jpg

Not that hard to attach, paint, and blend w/ the armor either.

Here's a chart of Japanese Mon that I found, an been using for ideas:

kamon20_zpsfc6376ff.gif

I'm still up in the air about trying this out. I'd like to hear other's opinions or ideas on the subject.

Very nice work on your Sith... I'd consider repainting the eyes on him though. The iris looks pretty big, which is giving him kind of a docile look as opposed to angry Sith. I think if you made the pupil a bit smaller and higher, it would add more attitude.

Very nice work on your Sith... I'd consider repainting the eyes on him though. The iris looks pretty big, which is giving him kind of a docile look as opposed to angry Sith. I think if you made the pupil a bit smaller and higher, it would add more attitude.

Thanks man. I guess I was kind of going for a neutral look w/ the eyes. I painted them a couple of times, but most were overshadowed by the facial tattoo. The black from the tattoo runs under the eyebrow above the eye, and the HT Michael Scoffield head has tiny lil' eyes. That an this is my 1st time painting a headsculpt. Lol!! Anyhow, I ordered another Scoffeild head. It's gonna be the same paint job, but it's gonna get some "changes", and w/ that one I'll be goin' for the intense look. Thanks again man.

Great job for your first attempt... and really the best way to go about it is doing what you did. Try out a few things until you're happy with it :duff

Thanks. I've been goofin' around w/ some spare heads when I can, so next time I'll have the confidence to get more creative. Painting headscuplts, for some reason, has always been difficult for me. I have an easier time customizing clothing, armor, weapons, etc. This "alternate" head I'm doing will hopefully get what I'm imagining right.

so im a bit confused about why you damaged a good anakin, when you sent me that other one that was already damaged...wouldnt it have made more sense to keep the other one? or did i miss something? either way, im just happy that i got one....lol...didnt think i was gonna like anakin, but he's one of my favorite figures now(among the jedis that i have, that is)....

so im a bit confused about why you damaged a good anakin, when you sent me that other one that was already damaged...wouldnt it have made more sense to keep the other one? or did i miss something? either way, im just happy that i got one....lol...didnt think i was gonna like anakin, but he's one of my favorite figures now(among the jedis that i have, that is)....

Yeah, as soon as I got him out of the package I already noticed cracking. An of course, like any new figure, you make some adjustments, tighten the clothing, change bodys, etc. As I was doing so the peeling and cracking got worse. It just got to the point I just said screw it, an started to peel, and chip, away at the spots that were falling off. When I did, they FELL off. Taking huge chunks with'em. So I figured the only way I was going to salvage it was by beating it up. Lol!!! I love the figure too, now he's just got a lil' "character" to him. Lol!!

I'm really liking the damage you have done to Anakin but that Sith is simply amazing.

Ron

Thanks Ron. Anakin became sort of impulse project to find use for the "actual" damage to the figure. As for the Sith, he's going to get an alternate head. He'll still have his current head, but also a switch-out sculpt for when I feel like he needs a change. I ordered another HT Michael Scoffield, the facial design will stay the same, black and white, same facial tattoo, etc. I am gonna tweak the eyes though, and the face is gonna get a modification or two. At the moment though, I've kind of stalled on the armor. I know I'm going to give it another coat, an most likely a matte finish, I'm adding some forearm armor, but I'm up in the air about adding any of the metal etchings I've done for the chest and shoulders. I'm sure all of us are familiar w/ the "Does this need more, or am I overdoing it?" feeling.

Thanks Ron. Anakin became sort of impulse project to find use for the "actual" damage to the figure. As for the Sith, he's going to get an alternate head. He'll still have his current head, but also a switch-out sculpt for when I feel like he needs a change. I ordered another HT Michael Scoffield, the facial design will stay the same, black and white, same facial tattoo, etc. I am gonna tweak the eyes though, and the face is gonna get a modification or two. At the moment though, I've kind of stalled on the armor. I know I'm going to give it another coat, an most likely a matte finish, I'm adding some forearm armor, but I'm up in the air about adding any of the metal etchings I've done for the chest and shoulders. I'm sure all of us are familiar w/ the "Does this need more, or am I overdoing it?" feeling.

Look forward to seeing how the new additions go and for the etchings I go off two things my gut and as long as I'm happy with it and you shouldn't have any problems deciding.

Ron

Thanks for the advice Ron. I try to follow the same philosophy. I like the way he is now, and he's still got some work, but I wanted him to stay somewhat simple. In the process of making this Sith I wanted him to be noticeabley evil, which is never too hard (aka add more black, give red eyes. Lol!), but I also wanted the outfit and overall designe face to be fairly simple. So far I think I've made that happen, and I won't be adding that much more to the figure. Gauntlets, a few more paint apps, and I'll go over the face an eyes again. Outside of that, I think he's pretty close to being done. Once I get that new sculpt though, it's goin' under the knife! Lol!

Back