Red Sonja She-Devil with a Sword PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my video comparing the two Sideshow Red Sonja Premium Format Exclusives. Which one will be victorious?! This was really fun to do, and hopefully I can do a few more of these comparison videos in the near future.

Hi everyone. I´ve just registered on this forum to see if anyone could help me solving a doubt: I recently purchased on ebay this statue, and although it looks great, there´s something that bugs me about it. Im gonna post some pics so you can judge for yourself. Those marks on the torso, the thigh and part of the calves look very different to me to all the other blood splatters,( besides being a different color too) they look to me more like little scratchings in the painting . I´ve checked out some of the reviews of the statue that are on youtube, including this one by It´s Sisko (which is great and with a lot of close ups so we can appreciate every little detail, so thanks a lot), but I haven´t found any similar marks on any of them, nor in the pics that a friend that also got this statue sent to me. The seller assure me that those spots are no deffect, that they are there on purpose and that every statue effect is unique. He has 100 percent of positive votes with thousand of buyers so I don´t doubt his word, but still I´d really appreciate your opinion on this. Thanks in advance! IMG_20170608_172314747[1].jpgIMG_20170608_172314747[1].jpgIMG_20170608_172323181[1].jpgIMG_20170608_172336712[1].jpgIMG_20170608_172340349[1].jpgIMG_20170608_172344496[1].jpgIMG_20170608_172400208[1].jpgIMG_20170608_172418375[1].jpg

The broken piece is another issue that gives me a lot of second thoughts about what to do.

Hi everyone. I´ve just registered on this forum to see if anyone could help me solving a doubt: I recently purchased on ebay this statue, and although it looks great, there´s something that bugs me about it. Im gonna post some pics so you can judge for yourself. Those marks on the torso, the thigh and part of the calves look very different to me to all the other blood splatters,( besides being a different color too) they look to me more like little scratchings in the painting . I´ve checked out some of the reviews of the statue that are on youtube, including this one by It´s Sisko (which is great and with a lot of close ups so we can appreciate every little detail, so thanks a lot), but I haven´t found any similar marks on any of them, nor in the pics that a friend that also got this statue sent to me. The seller assure me that those spots are no deffect, that they are there on purpose and that every statue effect is unique. He has 100 percent of positive votes with thousand of buyers so I don´t doubt his word, but still I´d really appreciate your opinion on this. Thanks in advance!

The broken piece is another issue that gives me a lot of second thoughts about what to do.

Sorry to see this happened to you. Those marks definitely don't look right and I wouldn't be happy about them either. They don't look like blood splatter to me.

Nope not supposed to be there. Looks like the broken piece moved around during shipping and scuffed her up a bit. Send that crap back

Should you not want to send it back, you may be able to buff those spots out with some toothpaste and a microfiber cloth.

Nope not supposed to be there. Looks like the broken piece moved around during shipping and scuffed her up a bit. Send that crap back

Exactly, I hadn´t thought about that but I think that you are right, specially because the broken piece from the bikini is quite pointy

IMG_20170608_212222299[1].jpg

Should you not want to send it back, you may be able to buff those spots out with some toothpaste and a microfiber cloth.

maybe i´d be ok with keeping it if it only had the marks or the broken piece, but definitely not with both issues. The statue is too expensive for me .

Sorry to see this happened to you. Those marks definitely don't look right and I wouldn't be happy about them either. They don't look like blood splatter to me.

I am definitely not happy!.The thing is I never had problems with any purchase on ebay before and I don´t know how it works. It shipped fully insured via their Global shipping program so I hope I get my money back soon enough to get one of the last ones that come with the axe, like this one!

Thank you guys for all the replies!

Looks fine to me but to each their own.
Gotta decide which one is more painful - living with it or going through the return process & starting again looking for another (which has the potential to come damaged...)

Gotta decide which one is more painful - living with it or going through the return process & starting again looking for another (which has the potential to come damaged...)

living with it, hands down.

I've heard of very few of these arriving damaged, and this is by far the worst case that I've seen. There's no way I would live with this level of damage personally.

are you in the US? if so why didn't you purchase direct from SS? Now it's free shipping on her.

Nope, I´m in Spain. So, a long overseas journey for Sonja, but hopefully not too hard for her to arrive in perfect conditions! :pray:

** This **
Ebay buyer protection you are protected
The seller will take the hit
Or the seller did the damage and unloaded it ??

The seller has a perfect 100% positive feedback with over 7000 sellings. So far communicating with him has been smooth and apparently we just have to wait for ebay to take a decisission , fingers crossed!

Glad to hear the guy is working with you. Sometimes stuff happens. But those marks do not seem normal to me.

That is the worse looking Red Sonja I've seen with marks or man-made blood splatter to enhance the look. But it was too much and too messy. It's a risky proposition to buy an ebay sideshow pf, cause you don't know what disaster you're going to receive.

Back