Red Skull PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No swastika on the arm band ?...:slap I guess SS wants to be politically correct.

Actually that would make them politically INcorrect. The nazi party is a political party, which the Red Skull was apart of. So by leaving out the swastika, they were being political incorrect. It would be like using a cow instead of a donkey for the Democratic Party. :slap

But yeah, it was at Marvel's request. Which I don't get. Red Skull was a Nazi. No amount of tinkering is going to change that. Captain America was created to fight nazis and so his arch-nemesis was a nazi. Yes Nazis were bad, but they existed. I don't think they should be covering up a character's past like that. I just pray they don't make the Red Skull a 'generic German soldier' in WWII for the movie. I mean everyone watching will know he is a nazi by the time period. Trying to avoid saying he is a nazi would only draw more attention to the fact he is a nazi.

Its a personal pet peeve of mine. Its one thing to leave it off of a kid's action figure, but a $300 statue aimed at adult collectors? He should have been historically (and politically) accurate.

Actually that would make them politically INcorrect. The nazi party is a political party, which the Red Skull was apart of. So by leaving out the swastika, they were being political incorrect. It would be like using a cow instead of a donkey for the Democratic Party. :slap

But yeah, it was at Marvel's request. Which I don't get. Red Skull was a Nazi. No amount of tinkering is going to change that. Captain America was created to fight nazis and so his arch-nemesis was a nazi. Yes Nazis were bad, but they existed. I don't think they should be covering up a character's past like that. I just pray they don't make the Red Skull a 'generic German soldier' in WWII for the movie. I mean everyone watching will know he is a nazi by the time period. Trying to avoid saying he is a nazi would only draw more attention to the fact he is a nazi.

Its a personal pet peeve of mine. Its one thing to leave it off of a kid's action figure, but a $300 statue aimed at adult collectors? He should have been historically (and politically) accurate.

:goodpost: yeah, so there Marvel :pfft:

Testify brother!:clap

:lecture Wasn't there some customizers that made a Swastika for this statue?? I'd still love to track one down.

This is one of the best Marvel premium formats in my opinion. I'd like to track one down one day.

I know I'm late to the show but I just picked this up.:yess:

redskull.jpg

Thanks. I'm pretty psyched that it was just sitting there. I wasn't willing to pay what eBay was asking for it.

It was just sitting in a local comic book shop for 400, but they were running a 25% off sale so it was 300.

:thud:

That's a good deal. Very good deal. Congrats.

It's a really detailed piece. I'm not a big fan of the villains, but SS did a great job with this one.

Why isn't this piece more sought after like Captain America and Thor?

Nice to see such a great fig get some more love. Might as well toss a pic of mine in here...

P1010005.jpg

Back