red color coming of Captain Americas shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TS-79 is the best thing you can use to protect your shields. It also dulls the shiny shields to give them a more movie accurate look. I picked some up this weekend. Couldn't save one of my shiny shields, but I did manage to save the other one and the battle damaged one that comes with the Avengers CA.

Ts-79 can be dangerous, spray it too close and it will smear the plastic rather than protect it... But acrylic is more of a silky touch rather than the enamel gloss coats, either way enamel has like an amber tone on white paint!

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Ok newbie here!.. so i have to spray from a far distance right?

is 30cm away good enough?

Thanks in advance!

I would like to know if the tamiya coat can't save these in long run?

NO. The problem is the electroplating. The paint would still crack from underneath the coat underneath and still shed. This has happened with numerous amounts of figures I have had that has chinese paints messed up problems... This uber frustating.

NO. The problem is the electroplating. The paint would still crack from underneath the coat underneath and still shed. This has happened with numerous amounts of figures I have had that has chinese paints messed up problems... This uber frustating.

Omg..there is no way to save it then? I read so many recommendation that ts -79 can save it. Thought we found the solution

A temporary one, the truly best way to save them is to repaint them

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Should we spray the avengers battle damaged one? Since it is not those shiny paint?

I have a question: If I got the Stealth Captain & Steve Rogers set that is out now, would it be feasible to paint the BD version into regular version by myself and expect decent results?

Are there pics of anyone who modded their shield with the Tamiya spray?

from another post...

looks 1000 times better after the coat. so much more accurate to the movie...

before:
20130214_235007_zpsc919d1e0.jpg

after:
20130214_235037_zps8dacb835.jpg

Ts79

Just spray it about 8" away. Start off the shield and go across in 1 pass. Let sit for 1/2 hr and repeat. I'd hit it at least 4-5 times to get a decent build up and a solid seal.

Ts79

Just spray it about 8" away. Start off the shield and go across in 1 pass. Let sit for 1/2 hr and repeat. I'd hit it at least 4-5 times to get a decent build up and a solid seal.

Thank you very much good sir! This might just save me some extra cash instead of buying extra diecast shields from the GA Cap when that eventually releases.

Holy crap, yeah I totally might do that with my shields. Which Tamiya spray was it? and do you know how to spray the shield, exactly?

Do we spray on the battle damaged one too? Do you have pics of that? :)

from what i understand... both versions need it or eventually it will flake bad. either way it still can as i mentioned earlier in this post... it will just keep it manageable. plus again, it looks 100 times more realistic than the overly shiny shields.

Back