red color coming of Captain Americas shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys should of spray painted it dull when you got it.
these chrome paint gets oxidized quite easily.

I would suggest extreme caution, because Dull-Cote DOES NOT and I say again, DOES NOT!!!!! "agree" with all types of paint or all surfaces.

BE. CAREFUL. A gloss clear-coat maybe, but a dulling spray...? Careful does it.

:tap well,well here is the answer from hot toys:

Good day.

Please kindly understand that after-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.

After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.

We highly recommend that can purchase from our official dealer that after-sales service can be guaranteed, We do not encourage purchase via other channels. The information of our official dealers as below for your reference:....
:gah::cuckoo:
bla,bla,bla
well,so much for that.i got 2 words for you HOT TOYS,one thats starts with a capital F and the other one with a big Y....:pfft:

:tap well,well here is the answer from hot toys:

Good day.

Please kindly understand that after-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.

After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.

We highly recommend that can purchase from our official dealer that after-sales service can be guaranteed, We do not encourage purchase via other channels. The information of our official dealers as below for your reference:....
:gah::cuckoo:
bla,bla,bla
well,so much for that.i got 2 words for you HOT TOYS,one thats starts with a capital F and the other one with a big Y....:pfft:

It sucks that you're having problems with this. And I hope it gets better.

But I don't think its uncommon practice for a company to only guantee their products from a licenced dealer. How does SSC or HT know if the item you bought from someone on ebay had been tampered with before you got it? That's why they have agreenments with dealers like sideshow, and all the others. Again it sucks you're going through this, but I would go after the seller, not the manufacturer. If your car is under warranty and breaks down, you take it to the dealer, not the factory where it was built. Have you tried contacting the seller?

It sucks that you're having problems with this. And I hope it gets better.

But I don't think its uncommon practice for a company to only guantee their products from a licenced dealer. How does SSC or HT know if the item you bought from someone on ebay had been tampered with before you got it? That's why they have agreenments with dealers like sideshow, and all the others. Again it sucks you're going through this, but I would go after the seller, not the manufacturer. If your car is under warranty and breaks down, you take it to the dealer, not the factory where it was built. Have you tried contacting the seller?
i agree to a part with you.
i think there is a hole in their logic:why should a "official" distributor be more helpful or responsible for the failure in quality,when actually they are the ones who made it? i mean,if a sealed mint in the box figure stinks after a couple of weeks,i dont care who sold it,the one who made is the jack ass!and the "official " distributor will only pass the complaint along to HT.

holy crap, now I gotta look at my shield, too. One more reason as to why I am beginning to get a lukewarm feeling towards HT. Their products look great but I feel that they may be rushing things too much and forsaking quality. Add to that the increase in price. The list just gets longer...

My shield still looks pristine as far as I can see.

Just noticed this problem is happening to mine. Red paint on shield just flaking off.

my suggestion would be to do clear coat as soon as you can, no matter who you are.

as reference, i clear coated mine a month or so back... it was starting to flake. i hit it with 2 coats and was well coated. you still can get a tiny bit to flake off if you handle it roughly... and by roughly i mean with not a lot of force! just messing around with it taking it on and off i noticed a couple tiny speck size spots that still flaked!

Damn chinese paint, I had the same issue with Bandai saint seiya figures over chrome painting. I used Tamiya Clear paint to fix them, but still after a while the plastic chrome paint just completely flakes and the only way to fix is to repaint them completely. I can't believe the Captain america shield is the same way, I don't know why any toy made in china in regards to paint on plastic pieces are acting up. Saint Cloth Myth EX figures armor in plastic just completely dissapears...

Damn chinese paint, I had the same issue with Bandai saint seiya figures over chrome painting. I used Tamiya Clear paint to fix them, but still after a while the plastic chrome paint just completely flakes and the only way to fix is to repaint them completely. I can't believe the Captain america shield is the same way, I don't know why any toy made in china in regards to paint on plastic pieces are acting up. Saint Cloth Myth EX figures armor in plastic just completely dissapears...

So the Tamiya coat can't even save these in the long run?

dw316 might cry when he finds out. :lol :monkey3

The problem lies on the chrome paint. Unless you paint over a metallic surface it would work, but the chrome itself is the problem when they electroplate it.

I tried avoiding this issue by applying clear gloss coats on the pieces themselves when I get them but over time the paint underneath just completely flakes under the coat...

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

I really think the only way you'll be safe for the long haul is to put multiple coats on and build it up so you have a fairly large layer over everything which will keep the paint in place under the clear. A couple thin layers of clear coat won't cut it... looks like it'll have to be on there pretty thick from a bunch of coats. Which will still look better in my opinion than the way too shiny stock shield.

Back